Chapter 37 - All's Calm Now

Jyugo: "Hey... Hajime. What the hell... happened here...?"

The three of us stood over the place where Samon and Enki were fighting. It was a huge mess.

Hajime: "Honestly, it's incredible how much they go wild to their heart's content."

Jinx: "Like you're one to talk..."

Jyugo: "Well... I don't really wanna get caught up in all that... I'd probably die. Jinx... stay here with me, okay?"

Jinx: "Don't have to tell me twice."

We turned to the Gokuu brother's fight. Enki fired a chi beam at Samon, but he blocked it with the same technique Noriko used.

Samon: "*pant pant*... I won't... lose. No matter what happens from now on... I won't give up... I won't let anyone... get sacrificed... I'LL PROTECT EVERYONE, JUST YOU WATCH! I'll connect big brother and big sister's beliefs."

Enki: "Is that so?"

When Samon let go, he fell backwards. Enki walked up to him.

Samon: "...Heh heh, you never thought I could use it, right? This is big sister's original technique. Of course even you'd be surpri-"

Enki held out his right hand and did the exact same thing.

Samon: "HUUUH?!?"

He fell onto his back.

Samon: "...What the hell was that?!! Well, I kinda thought you'd be able to do it, but still!!"

Samon noticed Noriko peeking from around a corner. Even though Hajime was still holding Houzuki's unconscious body.

Noriko: "Samon..."

He rolled over and stood up.

Noriko: "I'm sorry... I..."

He ran to her.

Samon: "Noriko!!"

I stood in front of Jyugo, scowling at her.

Jinx: "She's the one who tried to kill you..."

Jyugo smiled, put his hands under my arms and picked me up.

Jinx: "Woah, hey!"

Jyugo: "Don't worry. I don't think that's her intention anymore. Y'know, she's not that different from me. Can you forgive her?"

Jinx: "Hmm..."

Jyugo: "Please? For me?"

Jinx: "Maybe..."

He smiled and put me down before running towards Samon and Noriko.

Hajime: "Hey, where do you think you're going?!?"

Jyugo: "I wanna ask something."

Jinx: "Wait, Jyugo!"

I ran after him.

Hajime: "Damn it! How many times to I have to tell you kids not to run off?!!"

Jyugo: "*pant*... *pant*... I haven't got any strength left in my legs..."

Suddenly a big piece of rubble fell right behind me, giving us both a fright. Jyugo tripped.

Jyugo: "AAH— owww..."

I ran to him.

Jinx: "Are you okay?"

He sat up.

Jyugo: "Yeah, I'm-"

Hajime: "15, 33!!"

We looked up to see a massive bolder about to crush us. I buried my face in Jyugo's chest.

Jyugo: "GYAAAAHHHH—"

SMASH!!

But nothing hit us.

???: "Geez, you're as clumsy as ever."

That voice... Could it be...? We looked up to see who was smiling down at us.

Rock: "What's with the faces, you two?"

As he knelt down, tears filled my eyes, and I ran into his arms.

Jinx: "You're okay!"

Rock: "Of course I am. You know nothing can keep your big brother Rock down."

I giggled and Jyugo's eyes were filling with tears too.

Rock: "Hey, why are you crying?"

Jyugo: "Shut up! I'm not crying!"

Rock: "Then do something about that snot, will ya?"

Jyugo: "THERE ISN'T ANY!"

Rock: "Ah geez, I get it already so just do something about that saltwater like stuff coming from your face, okay?"

He separated himself from me and smiled.

Rock: "You too, kiddo. No need to cry anymore."

I nodded and wiped my face. I noticed Tsukumo standing behind a boulder and walked around to him.

Jinx: "Tsukumo!"

Tsukumo: "I'm glad to see you're unharmed, Jinx."

I took his hand and pulled him down to my level before pulling his mask down.

Tsukumo: "What are you-?"

Jinx: "I wanna see your whole face from now on, kay?"

He smiled and nodded.

Yamato: "Good morning, supervisor!! By the way, did you also come here for training?"

Hajime: "Look around you, man."