Chapter 39 - We're a Team

Jinx, Uno, Nico & Rock: "WE'RE BAAACK!!"

Nico: "It kinda feels like it's been a long time."

Uno: "You got that right, it feels like it's been half a year."

Jinx: "Hard to believe we were only at building 5 for a day."

Rock: "You think so too, Jyugo?"

He was passed out on the floor.

Rock: "HAAHH?!? JYUGO!!"

Uno: "Ah, so he finally hit his body limit."

Nico: "He kept moving all day today, huh."

Jinx: "Guess the adrenaline finally wore off."

After that, due to excess fatigue, muscle pain, and various other things, Jyugo was in bed for over a week. When he could finally move again...

Dr Otogi: "YA GODDAMN IDIOTS! How many people have gotta get injured before you're satisfied, Hajime?!! You're increasing my workload one after another!! You too Yamato! The hell were you doing taking a civilian outta here!! If anything had happened, it would've been my ass on the line!! And in the first place, you guys are always..."

Jyugo: "Oh geez, I can't watch."

Uno: "Well, it's the same as always, right?"

Jinx: "It is kinda funny to see Hajime being the one to get his ass kicked for a change. By the way, Jyugo, did you talk to those guys about that man you met that day?"

Jyugo: "Elf? No, not yet. But I'll have a proper talk with them soon."

Uno: "Elf? Is that the guy who's been terrorising you since the night Jinx's playground was finished?"

Jinx: "Uh! Sorry, Jyugo, I didn't mean... it slipped!"

He smiled and pet my head.

Jyugo: "It's okay now, Jinx. I'm done with secrets."

Rock came out carrying a bunch of medicine.

Nico: "Gimme gimme!"

Rock: "You can't take em all at once."

Uno gave me a playful nudge.

Uno: "I figured you knew about it too, Jinx. I mean, you went out that night too."

Jyugo: "Anyway, a lot happened with those guys. I can wait."

Uno: "So? How was it? Did you find something?"

Jyugo: "Yeah, kind of. Apparently that guy lives inside of me. I dunno what kind of goal he has or why he picked me, though. But there's an existence within me that feels no hesitation about killing someone. That's all I know."

Uno: "I see, so the guy you were scared of was within you, huh... if it's like that, you wouldn't find him even if you looked. So, you said that guy was definitely targeting us inmates too, right?"

Jinx: "Yeah. I remember what he said to me that night..."

Elf: "She's also a little killer, isn't she? That sounds like it could be useful."

Jinx: "Creeps me out."

Jyugo: "Don't worry, I won't let him take any of you... I swear it."

Uno smiled.

Uno: "You know, Jyugo, facing this is a good thing, right? No matter the result, you were able to take a step forward. In that case, it's fine for now, isn't it? If the enemy's inside of you, then you just can't let it beat you. You're here because you actually won this time, right? So it'll be alright next time too. But you can't do everything on your own. So if you start to feel like you're gonna lose, tell us. We'll help you, right Jinx?"

Jinx: "Always!"

Uno: "We're all fellow escapees, right? We've always struggled and evaded the law together. No matter what happens, we smash it down and break free together. I mean, we're a team, aren't we? That's our normal."

He smiled.

Jyugo: "Yeah, you're right!"

Uno ruffled mine and Jyugo's hair and stood up.

Uno: "Hey, what do ya say we make a break for it?"

Jinx: "Right now?"

Uno: "Yeah! It's been a while!"

Jyugo and I stood up.

Uno: "Hey, Rock, Nico! We're getting outta here!"

Rock: "Yeah, let's do it!"

Nico: "Just like always!"

After free roaming and goofing off in the prison together, it wasn't too long before Hajime caught up with us.

Hajime: "THE HELL ARE YOU TRYING TO PULL, BREAKING OUT RIGHT AFTER GETTING BACK DAMNIT!!"

Rock: "Oh crap, he found us!"

Nico: "Run away!"

Jinx: "Haha, come on, Jyugo!"

Uno: "Did you seriously think we'd behave, stupid!"

Hajime: "I'M GONNA KILL YOU BASTARDS LATER!! ESPECIALLY YOU, NUMBER 11!!"

We ran from Hajime, laughing as usual.

THE END... until part 3 (out now)