Chapter 22 - Mysteries of Jyugo

Uno: "I had no idea Trois was a lunatic. I figured he was just a perverted lingerie thief or something."

Honey: "He's more than that. He escaped from his previous prisons the same way. Time after time. That's why he ended up getting shipped to Nanba. Don't get me wrong he wanted to surprise our foes. But no matter how you look at it, that was overkill."

We stood up.

Uno: "Ready to get out of here? Might be the only chance we have."

Honey: "Yes, let's go."

Jyugo was staring at something back the way we came.

Uno: "Jyugo, what are you standing around for? You're the only one who can unlock the doors."

Jyugo: "Uh, yeah."

I thought I heard water but decided to ignore it. Until...

Jyugo: "The hell! Let me go!"

The four of us turned to see Ruka holding Jyugo by his hair and gripping his wrists behind his back.

Ruka: "Don't run off without your friend. He's having trouble keeping up."

Jinx: "No, Jyugo!"

I tried to run to him, but Uno grabbed me.

Uno: "Jinx, stay away from him!"

Jinx: "But he-!"

Ruka: "There's no point in going any further. Do you have a plan? Not that I actually give a damn of what goes through the minds of you inmates."

Ruka tightened his hold.

Jyugo: "Aahh-!"

Jinx & Uno: "Jyugo!"

Ruka: "When I uncover people's secrets, it's always a lot of fun. Spill it. You can't get far without this guy, can you? I know this young man is the key to the world. You might as well turn yourselves in now. Well, what are you kids trying to do down here? If you don't start talking soon, I'll get bored and slit his throat."

Jinx: "No!"

Uno: "The last time I checked you guards aren't allowed to murder people."

Ruka: "That rule hasn't changed. But unfortunately, I'm no longer a guard here. And I follow Enki's lead in all things. So if he kills than I kill too, simple as that."

I tried to struggle out of Uno's hold.

Uno: "Come on, Jinx-"

Jinx: "We can't just stand here!"

Just as I said that Trois came up from behind Ruka and slammed a gas canister down on his head.

Trois: "Oh, so sorry."

Ruka: "MY HEEEEAAAD!!"

He grabbed Jyugo's arm.

Trois: "Run for it!"

We stopped when we had put a safe distance between ourselves and where we left Ruka. Uno put me down.

Uno: "Jyugo, are you okay?"

Jyugo: "Uh, yeah."

I hugged him.

Trois: "We've shaken them off our trail for the time being. But we should get to the next floor as soon as we can."