Chapter 24 - Explosions & Wires

Uno: "Hey, were did that kappa guy disappear to?! And how'd he show up out of nowhere?!"

Honey: "Uh... oh, he's right over there. Underneath us."

Uno: "Oh, underneath us, right. WAIT WHAT?!"

Jinx: "How?"

We looked closer to see one of Honey wires going down into one of the puddles.

Trois: "Oh, good, you still have him hooked."

Uno: "What do you think he's doing down there?"

Honey: "Likely waiting for a good chance to ambush us."

Uno: "You don't say."

Trois knelt down and touched the floor.

Trois: "These floor panels are slightly loose. You can tell by touching them. Judging from the moisture coming up from the seams, I think it's safe to assume we're above a pool of some kind. This guard must be swimming around beneath us. And lifting up the panels unexpectedly."

Jinx: "Well that explains... something, at least."

Honey: "Yes, you're right. Doesn't really explain the weird vortex that forms under his feet or how he can breathe underwater. But hey, at least we know he isn't teleporting."

Jinx: "He might as well be though. It seems just as bad."

Honey: "Maybe not as bad as you think, Jinx."

Uno: "WELL IF YOU KNEW HOW HE WAS MOVING AROUND FROM THE START, THEN WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL US BEFORE, YOU STINGY IDIOT?!?"

Honey: "BECAUSE I DIDN'T HAVE TIME TO PUT IT INTO TINY LITTLE WORDS FOR YOUR TINY LITTLE BRAIN!!"

Uno: "JYUGO ALMOST DIED CAUSE OF YOU!!"

Honey: "IT'S HIS FAULT FOR BEING SLOW!!"

Jinx: "Uno, settle down. He may be kinda selfish, but he saved you all the same."

Honey: "That's right, I did! So show some appreciation!!"

Jyugo: "Hey, sorry man. I'll try to be more careful next time."

Trois smiled.

Trois: "It's fine. When you get the chance, you should say that to Honey too. I know he comes off as a hurtful jackass, what with calling you useless and saying we should abandon you..."

Jinx: "BREAK IT UP, YOU TWO!! YOU'RE ACTING LIKE CHILDREN!"

Honey: "YOU'RE ONE TO TALK!!"

Uno: "HE STARTED IT!!"

Honey: "DID NOT!!"

Jinx: "I don't care who started it, I'LL FINISH IT!!"

Trois: "But listen, in his awkward way, I think he was just trying to push you because we truly do need your unique abilities. Everyone knows how useful you are."

He pat his head.

Trois: "I find your escape technique absolutely fascinating, and I think that it's something you should be proud of... That'll do, you three."

Honey, Uno and I froze.

Trois: "Alright, Honey, which should we go with this time? Should we whip out this plan or try this one instead?"