Chapter 36 - Look At You Go

Jinx: "By the way, who's that?"

Hajime: "Houzuki Sansou, a new guard here at building 5. He uses an old technique to let his sister take over his body."

Jinx: "His sister?"

Hajime: "Noriko Sansou, a civilian and an old friend to the monkey brothers over there. She tried to kill number 15. They're both right pains in my ass. Now, where were we? Oh yes. You can think whatever you want of me, but there's one thing I wanna ask you. What are you planning to do to number 15? I get that your sister borrowed your body and tried to dispose of him. But what about you? At least tell me that."

: "I will... dispose of... number 15..."

Rage shot through me, but before I could do anything, Hajime knocked him into the wall.

Jinx: "YEAH HAJIME!"

Hajime: "Listen up, I'm only gonna say this to you once. No matter what kind of reason you guys have, number 15 is under my care. I don't care if he's a monster or whatever. You're not the ones who get to decide what to do if number 15 turns out to be dangerous. I am."

Jinx: "D-dangerous...?"

Hajime: "Outsiders and people from other buildings don't have the right to do whatever they want. It seriously pisses me off. I don't care who you are, if you get in the way of my work anymore than this, I'll kill you!"

He kneed him in the gut.

Hajime: "It'll be bothersome if that woman uses your body to come back, too. If I take out the source, then that in itself will have a harmful effect, right? Even though you're a guard, you're here for your sister's sake."

He picked him up by the front of his shirt.

Hajime: "'Saving'? 'Protecting'? Give me a break. Everything you assholes are doing is just self-satisfaction and self-sacrifice. Don't drag me into worthless shit like that. I'm sick of going along with your self-satisfaction."

It's been a while since I've seen Hajime so fired up and pissed off.

Hajime: "You think anything goes so long as you can prove the justness of your actions. You don't even care if you die. Did you think you'd get rewarded if you found proof before you died? A guy who can save everyone except himself. Something like that is no different to running away. And in particular, because of your feelings of guilt towards your sister, you've got no will of your own."

He threw him down.

Hajime: "What's really beyond saving is how you're full of excuses covered up by niceties. You can't say that someone who doesn't live for 'themselves' is truly living. If your fate is to die while carrying such a guilt, then I'll kill you right now."

Houzuki: "I... urk... you can't... anymore than this is... I'll take care of things somehow... so please..."

I watched wide eyed as Houzuki turned into a woman with light green hair and fierce purple eyes. She shot a beam towards us. Hajime grabbed me and jumped out of the way, just in time.

Jinx: "The hell was that?!"

Hajime: "Her chi."

Noriko: "I... won't let you... take anything else... I'll end it..."

She shot another beam, this time she was aiming for the bolder Jyugo was in.

Jinx: "Wait... NO!!"