Chapter 29 - Nanba's Mom

We walked back to see Trois emerge from the pool. Kiji ran and picked him up out of the water.

Kiji: "NOOO!! What do you think you're doing, Trois?! That outfit is brand new! Now I have to get it dry cleaned, you pretty little fool."

Trois put his glasses back on.

Trois: "Yeah, you know I could have gotten out myself, Kiji."

He put him down.

Kiji: "Uh... This looks like the work of Ruka's Bashosen. You've not suffered any injuries, have you, boys? Any scratches or bruises."

Trois: "No, not really?"

Honey: "I may have lost some blood."

Kiji: "You must be more careful. The fan clubs visiting for a tour is just a few days. This could have ruined their experience."

Uno: "Fan club?"

Jinx: "Tour?"

Kiji: "Don't worry me like this. My heart can't take it. What about you, child?"

Jinx: "Huh? Me? Uhm... yeah, I'm not really hurt."

Kiji: "Good. You've got quite the cute face yourself, I'd hate for it to get all scratched up."

Uno: "Uhm... wanna know if I'm okay?"

Kiji: "Why should I care about an outsider?!"

Uno: "Wha-?!"

Jinx: "Not worth it, Uno."

Suddenly a geyser shot out of the water. The four of us hide behind Kiji.

Ruka: "Why you!! How dare you snatch my keys from me!! Hm? Oh no..."

Kiji: "Oh yes. Long time no see."

Ruka: "Shit. Kiji? You're out?!"

Kiji: "Obviously yes. Give me my hand mirror. This sweet child doesn't know enough about makeup to tell me how it looks. And I'll take Bashosen too."

Ruka: "Haha! Why don't you try and take it?!"

Kiji: "It's foolish of you to get between me and what I want. Especially my mirror."

Jinx, Uno, Trois & Honey: "You want that more?"

Ruka: "I'll blow you all away!!"

Ruka surrounded us in a spiral of wind.

Uno: "So are we screwed?!"

Honey: "No, I wouldn't worry."

Kiji: "Ruka, what exactly are you hoping to get out of this?"

Ruka: "Ha! You wouldn't understand it if I did tell you!"

The spiral quickly closed in, trying to trap us in a dome, but Kiji cut it away with his weapons.

Kiji: "You sound just like Enki. I hope you realise that acting like him won't bring you any closer. He's a closed door."

Ruka: "You really think you know Enki better than I do?! He's all I've ever worked towards! And we have grown closer! He was supposed to choose me for his deputy! NOT THAT WORTHLESS LITTLE BROTHER OF HIS!! ME!! RUKA GOJOU!!"

Two more geysers of water came up and started shooting water at us. Kiji blocked them.

Ruka: "Whatever path he takes, I know it's right!!"

Kiji: "Try telling that to the man he killed! You think that was righteous?!?"

Ruka: "That's exactly what I think! And if killing someone myself will bring me closer to him, then I'll gladly do it!!"

One of the geysers took the form of a serpent.

Jinx: "This is madness!!"

It charged forward. Kiji used his weapons to travel up the serpent and the geysers, right up to Ruka and slapped him.

Kiji: "The path he walks is not for you. It's dangerous, and cruel. Before you let someone else change you, you should get a better grasp of who you are."

They both came down. All was calm again.

Ruka: "I know. I just thought that..."

Kiji hands him back his mirror and whispered.

Kiji: "Your makeup looks terrible."

Ruka: "Seriously?! How could this be?! My waterproof mascara has failed me!"

Kiji: "You're giving that mirror back, by the way."

Ruka: "No...!"