Chapter 21 - He's Crazy

The two guards were running unnaturally fast. Jyugo was falling behind and Uno grabbed his arm.

Uno: "Move your sweet ass! Do the charm things give them superpowers or something?! Why are they so freakishly fast?!?"

Ruka: "Oh please, you shouldn't underestimate the guards in any building. Stop being bad sports about it and give in."

Kiji: "I HEAR YOU OUT THERE, RUKA!! I HAVE HAD JUST ABOUT ENOUGH OF YOU!! LET ME OUT!! FACE ME LIKE A MAN!!"

Jinx: "Kiji... I knew it!"

Uno: "Let's worry about ourselves for now and go back for him later."

Jinx: "R-right."

Honey: "Where are we anyway?!"

Uno: "No clue! Not like we can ask for directions! Need to figure out a way to the third underground level!"

Honey: "If you want to risk your life to look around, then be my guest! We'll be killed the second we stop running!"

Uno: "NO DUH! Figure out a way means I'm trying to come up with some kind of plan!"

Honey: "Then think of something, you idiot!"

Uno: "WHY DON'T YOU SHUT UP AND HELP, YOU JACKASS!!"

Jinx: "This isn't the time to be fighting!"

Trois: "Pardon, boys. Could you step aside, please?"

Trois stepped out in front of us holding a bazooka that reminded me of Kazari's. He pointed it at us and fired. We all managed to jump out of the way in time but got blasted forward when it exploded behind us.

Trois: "Not too bad for a makeshift weapon, huh?"

Honey: "Damn it, Trois!! What the hell!!"

Uno: "YOU NEARLY KILLED US!"

Trois: "Maybe, but you looked so marvellous as you were blown away. A flock of swans rising from a lake."

Jyugo: "Shut! Up!"

Jinx: "Where the hell did you even get that?!?"

Uno: "Yeah! I never saw any bazookas lying around!"

Trois: "Oh, you couldn't have. I built it from dismantled parts and scraps. You can find all sorts of goodies if you look."

Uno: "Did you make it from pieces of that doll? And here I thought you needed some special tool to build stuff like that."

Trois: "That's correct. This one."

He held up a small tool that I had never seen before.

Jinx: "Kay... where'd you get that?"

Trois: "I found it on the first level when we were snooping around. I was curious about it's odd shape, so I decided to take it."

Jinx: "Wait... that's what you found in the archive room?"

Trois: "That's right. I'm happy I did since it got us out of this pickle."

He smiled at Jyugo.

Trois: "And it was all thanks to the person dumb enough to leave everything in that office unlocked. All I needed was a little time."

He looked way too excited about this.

Trois: "Wow, it's been so long since I've been able to pull off something like this."

Honey: "Well what do you know... his odd obsession paid off for us in the end."

Uno: "You're right. Guess I feel bad about judging him now."

Trois: "I stall, so it's not my proudest moment."

He now had a flamethrower that he got from I don't know where!

Trois: "Drastic circumstances call for drastic measures. Can it be our secret? Don't tell Kiji."

Honey: "Oh no! We have to get away from here right now!"

Uno: "He won't point that thing at us... he's gonna shoot the bad guys—"

Trois: "This is a bit primitive. But I assure you, it'll get the job done..."

He fired and laughed.

Jyugo, Uno & Honey: "That was so cool!!"

Jinx: "Trios' a madman..."