Prologue

Third person POV ~

She looked down at the ground beneath her, the beautiful flowers surrounding the cold, grey stone.

Peonies. Her favourite.

The flowers were full of joy and life, unlike the things around them.

A smile began to tug at the corners of her lips as a warm fuzzy feeling spreads throughout her body. However, it was replaced when she noticed a tear stained envelope placed on top of the flowers, scruffily tied to roots with string.

With shaky hands, the girl untied the letter and picking it up. It had clearly been there no longer than a day. She felt tears begin to flow down her cheeks as carefully opened up the letter and began reading. Tears flooded down her face as she read on.

As her mind was running at 100 thoughts a second, she tried to think straight, but it was seemingly impossible. All that was running through her head was the family she left and the letter only amplified her thoughts.

The pain of being away from her family felt unbearable despite it only having been just over a month. She felt as though they'd hate her for what happened, but some part of her knew otherwise.

They could never hate her; she was their little girl.

Did she run into a building that was about to explode? Yes.

Did she stupidly run in whilst ignoring her family calling for her? Yes. Yes she did.

Did she save someones life despite nearly ending hers? Yes. She did, but she knew her family would be proud of her for that.

She had good intentions, and she knew her family would understand that.

The girl glanced at the gravestone one last time before placing the letter inside her coat pocket and slowly walking back towards the black van parked outside the cemetery.

As she entered the van she let and sob as her tears continued.

She cried for the loss of her childhood, she cried for the loss of her once loving mother, she cried for the loss of the father she never knew, but most importantly, she cried for the pain she had caused her family.

Two strong arms engulfed her in a hug as she buried her head into his chest as she let her tears flow.

"It's okay, I know it's hard.", the person said as they traced circles on her back, in hopes that it would help calm her.

"It-its just s-so hard.", she stuttered out as she her sobs became louder.

He knew she was in pain, but he didn't know how he was meant to help, so he just held her close as she purrs her emotions out in the most heart wrenching sobs.

"It's okay Isabella, let it all out."

A/N ~ Tehe. Short little start to the sequel. Hope you like it :) stay safe <3