21 ~ Bruises

Isabella's POV ~

"Training?"

"Yes."

"Why do I need training?" I question, looking at Darien and Luca.

I've been back for like what? 5 weeks? And they've only just decided that I need training.

"We think it's time you learn how to defend yourself." Darien explains, as if he were stating the obvious.

He's got to be kidding me.

"Please. You think I need training? Need I remind you, I shot and killed three intruders without ever seeing a gun before, let alone shooting one." I pause before continuing, "I managed to kill them, whereas Leo, Emi and Vince all got backed into a corner. If anyone needs training, it's them."

"You got lucky." Luca says, leaning forward in his chair, resting his elbows on his desk.

"You probably wouldn't be able to shoot a target thrice the size of a normal body." Darien adds, mimicking Luca's actions.

"Oh come. No one can shoot three perfect shots by luck." I try to explain, but they're just not having it.

"Well clearly you can. Your training starts in 2 hours. Meet Giovanni by the front door and he'll take you to our training grounds." Luca says, before letting me leave.

"Bambina, we're only doing this for your safety." Darien smiles softly.

"I know, and I get that. I just really don't see the point, Nik and I spent hours training back at his old place." I reason.

"Whether or not he trained you, we aren't taking any risks. Besides, you need to be the best, and there's no way you are with Nikolai's training." Darien argues.

I simply nod my head in response, offering them both a smile before I leave, slamming the door slightly behind me.

"They really shouldn't underestimate me." I smirk, heading down the third floor corridor.

Never underestimate me.

~~~~~

"They seriously expect you to do training? As if you didn't train for 6 hours a day for nearly a month after you recovered?" Nik remarks, dumbfounded by my brothers making me do training.

"I mean I guess I could do with it. I mean I haven't trained in 5 or 6 weeks. I'm getting rusty." I shrug, trying to understand my brother's thinking.

"You're so strong you accidently smashed a glass by putting it on the table. Wait sorry, you slammed the poor glass on the table." I roll my eyes at his remark and jump up onto the kitchen counter.

"The glass deserved it." I pout.

"Sure it did." Nik laughs as he slowly walks up to me. He spreads my legs slightly and places himself between them, "I'm sure you'll be amazing amorem. I'll be sure to watch you win, if I'm not too busy staring at your ass." He whispers in my ear, gripping my hips and pulling me closer as he does.

"Nope. Hands off buddy." A voice laughs, walking into the kitchen.

Emiliano.

"Now I can see why my friends hate it when me and Jamie get all touchy." Emi scrunches up his nose before slapping a hand across his mouth.

A smirk makes its way across my way.

"And who is this Jamie guy?" A blush creeps up Emi's neck and across his cheeks.

"Um, I don't know a Jamie. Who said I know a Jamie?" He rushes out and I fight the urge to laugh, but Nik isn't so successful. He bursts into laughter, tears starting to prick his eyes he holds onto his stomach.