15 ~ Stories

Isabella's POV ~

This last hour has been beyond mind-boggling.

In all honesty, I never even imagined that I'd ever find Elijah, let alone ever manage to meet. To be fair, I didn't find Elijah, Ricco did. Well when I say Ricco, it was probably Adriano or someone else cause no way in hell is Ricco smart enough to find those documents. I spent weeks just trying to find the fucking documents and BAM! Been here for 2 days and they have already found him and brought him home.

I really am an idiot for not coming home sooner. It would've spared my brothers the heart ache. I don't think I'll ever be able to forgive myself for the pain I've caused them.

The pain I felt when I thought I lost Alex was unbearable. Imagining how my brothers felt makes my heart burn in an unsettling way.

I felt eyes on me as I stared tiredly at the tv screen in front of me.

The boys begged me and Elijah to watch Encanto with them since we haven't watched it yet. Well more like I refused to watch it whenever they asked, since hearing them shout WE DON'T TALK ABOUT BRUNO, has permanently scared my ears and I didn't want to have to experience that again.

But, here we are.

Sadly.

I looked up, hoping to see who was uncomfortably staring at me, and I turn my head to my right, only to see my twin smiling down at me.

"I always wanted a little sister.", he muttered as he continued to stare at me in what seemed to be amazement.

These boys need to stop looking at me like that. It's weird.

I nudge his shoulder and do I little salute.

"Well, I hope to live up to your expectations, captain.", I said, lying back down and watching five of my stupid brothers dancing and singing to the music.

I heard Elijah chuckle before I felt his prying eyes leave me and move towards the scene in front of us.

"I just made something unexpected!", Ricco shouted.

"Something sharp.", Adriano continued.

"Something new!", Leo finished.

"It's not symmetrical or perfect, but it's pissing me off and I will kill you. So can you shut up.", I glared at them as their faces dropped and the music behind them played on.

"Bring it in, bring it in! Wait. Those aren't the right words! You can't do that!", Adriano whined as he slumped down onto the couch next to us.

"Well I did. You're going to burst my eardrums, so shut up.", I grumble before lifting myself onto my feet and dragging myself up to my room. Once I got to my room, I slammed the door shut and slumped onto my bed, completely exhausted with everything that has happened today.

I lifted my head up from my pillow when I heard a knock on the door. I immediately knew who it was, no one else actually bothers to knock.

"Come in Eli.", I yelled from the bed as I placed my head back down and submerged my body head to toe in my duvet and blankets.

"Oh so I've already got a nickname, huh?", he chuckled as he sat down beside me on the bed. I then felt the bed dip further as I'm guessing he lied down next to me.

"Got to have a nickname for my favourite big brother.", I laughed as I turned to face him.

"Well I guess I should have one for my favourite sibling then.", He paused for a moment as he thought of a nickname, "Tigerlilie." (Tiger lily)

I smiled fondly at the new nickname.

"Why tiger lily?", I asked.

"You seem like you're strong like a tiger. I can tell from the look in your eyes that something happened to you, but I'm not going to pressure you to tell me, we all have our secrets and we all should have the opportunity to tell people when we want. They're our secrets to tell.", He paused again, giving me a small smile to which I nodded for him to continue, "You're also delicate like a lily, not in a vulnerable way but in a kind way. You have a kind soul, like I imagine a lily would."

I was too stunned to speak.

His words were so sweet and sincere.

The fact that he was able to read me like a book as well was also quite scary.

"Are you a vampire?", I blurted out.

"What?"

"Are you a vampire? You know the blood sucking creatures.", I explained, putting my fingers up to my mouth, trying to mimic fangs.

"No? That's really strange to ask you know.", Elijah chuckled.

"Well I'm rather strange don't you think and to answer your question, vampires can read minds and you just practically read like an open book."

"I'm your twin. We have telepathic abilities like that."

"We do? And why was I not informed about this?", I said sarcastically, placing a hand over my heart, heartbroken.

"I was bound by twin law not to tell you. I'm sorry for the pain I have caused you.", Elijah said sorrowfully, bowing his head in a shameful way.

That's all it took for both of us to burst into laughter. Tears of laughter falling down both of our checks as we tried, but failed miserably, to regain composure.

After we calmed ourselves down, I looked over at my twin, and in that moment I felt as though I could tell him anything.

I felt as though he would never judge me for what happened.

I wasn't scared to tell him like I was with the others, I was almost relieved to tell him.

Giving him a small smile, I pull my body up so that I'm now sitting on the bed and I turn to face him.

"I want to tell you."

~~~~~

I did.

I told him everything.

From the first hit I ever received from my mother, the rape, the abuse, the kidnapping.

Everything.

Just like that I spilt everything about myself to someone I had only met a few hours ago, but it felt right.

Everything about it felt right.

We may have only met a few hours ago but the connection I felt to him was stronger than anything I had ever felt before and sharing my trauma only bonded us more.

He held onto me as the last of my tears dried up and my hiccupping ceased, whispering encouraging words.

I looked up at him, a question I was dying to ask clearly visible in my eyes.

"Okay."

That's all he said.

Okay.

That okay led to him telling me all about his life in the foster system and how he grew up.

Tears were shed, hugs were given and stories were shared.

I couldn't have felt any more safe than I did in the arms of Elijah.

In the arms of my twin.

A/N ~ Sorry for not updating recently, I've got an awful lot of things happening the next 2 months including my mocks so I haven't had much time to write. I will try to whenever I can though. ALSO THANK YOU SO FUCKING MUCH FOR 500K READS THAT IS ABSOLUTING AMAZINGGG!!! I really can express as grateful I am that you enjoy what I write. I hope you like the chapter. Stay safe <3