20 ~ Official

Nik's POV ~

I held Bella close to me as her soft snores echoed around the bedroom. My arms wrapped around her torso as her head was lying on my chest. Her eyebrows scrunched slightly as if even when sleeping, she still wasn't fully at peace.

My body jolted back to the head board as Bella jumped from her sleeping position, her chest heaving.

Wrapping my arms around her and pulling her into my chest, I smoothed out her hair as she began sobbing into my shirt, gripping onto it tightly as she did.

"It's okay, Bella. It's just a nightmare. He's gone, they're gone. They can't hurt you anymore." I whisper in her ear, wishing that I could take her pain away.

"I-It hurts." she sobs into my chest, shaking slightly from the force of her sobs, "They won't l-leave me alone. Why can't t-they just l-leave me alone."

"I'm here Bella. They can't touch you as long as I'm here."

~~~~~

"Okay, so where are we going exactly?" Bella questions as she finishes buckling herself in.

"I've already told you it's a surprise." I chuckle, shutting the car door and starting the engine.

As we drive, Bella begs me to know where we're going, but instead I just laugh and ignore her complaining.

I turn to look at her as she watches the sunset in awe, her eyes glowing in the reflection of the window. I place my hand on her thigh, her attention shifting to me as she gives me a small smile, before turning back to look out the window.

Her eyes widen in surprise as she sees the beach come into view and the waves crashing against the rocks can be heard.

Once we park up Bella excitedly flings open the car door and rushes down to the sand. I roll my eyes at her childishness and open the trunk, getting out some blankets. Following her down to the beach, I place the blankets down on the sand, watching as she runs around the beach and into the water.

"Don't get too wet amorem. You'll catch a cold." I shout as she runs back out of the water and towards me.

She jumps on me, wrapping her arms tightly around my waist, successfully making me wet.

"Let's wrap you up before you catch a cold dumbass." I chuckle, wrapping a blanket around both of us.

"Being cold and wet can't give you a cold. Colds are viral, so who's the dumbass now?" Bella retorts.

"Still you. You could get hypothermia, but you won't because being the amazing boyfriend that I am, I brought blankets so you won't get cold."

Isabella's POV ~

Boyfriend?

Did he just call himself my boyfriend?

Nik's eyes widen in surprise as he realises what he said. Before he mutters something too quiet for me to hear.

"You know what, fuck it." Nik says, as he turns to face me, "I was hoping to do this in a more romantic way, but I don't think I can wait anymore. Isabella Bianca Cortello-Moratti, I have loved you since the moment I saw you. Sure, I didn't exactly see you for the first time in a romantic way, more like my sick fuck of a father showed me security footage of you but that's not the point. From the moment I first saw you, I knew that you were perfect for me, that nothing other than you mattered to me, and it didn't. You don't have to say it back or anything, but I love you more than anything in this world."

He loves me.

He fucking loves me.

"I love you too." I grin happily, feeling as if everything in my life had suddenly been put into place.

"Will you make me the happiest man in the entire universe, and be my girlfriend?"

I swear to God, my heart stopped.

Girlfriend.

He wants me to be his girlfriend.

"Of course!" I jump onto him and my lips press against his as all that can be heard in the background is the sound of the waves crashing against the cliffs.

"I love you so fucking much amorem." Nik mutters against my lips.

"I love you too, visage de cul." I smile against his lips, pulling away from him.

"What did you just call me?" Nik narrows his eyes at me suspiciously.

"Ass face." I mutter quietly.

"What was that? I couldn't quite hear you." Nik glares as I look up at him innocently.

"Ass face." I repeat louder this time and suddenly I feel myself be flung onto Nik's lap as he begins tickling me mercilessly.

"S-stop." I struggle to say between my giggles.

"Apologise then." he smirks as he continues.

"N-never!"

"Apologise for calling me a vasage du cel." Nik attempts to say in a shit accent.

"Y-you m-mean visage d-de c-cul." I laugh harder at his horrible attempt.

He starts to tickle my feet before I quickly surrender.

"S-stop! I'm s-sorry, j-just don't do my feet." I apologise as he stops his attack and I rest my head on his lap.

"The stars are pretty." I exclaim, admiring how bright they are shining. I hadn't realised until now how long we've been out here.

"Not as beautiful as you." I look up to see Nik already staring back at me, as if he's admiring my face like I am with the stars.

"Forever?" I say, lifting my pinky up to his face.

"Forever." he says, linking our fingers together and delicately kissing my hand.

I smile contently and close my eyes.

Everything is going to be okay.

~~~~~

~~~~~

Nik's POV ~

Looking down at the phone in my hand, I look at the text again, and I feel my heart sink as I do.

'Enjoy your time left with your 'amorem''