22 ~ Threat

Nik's POV ~

I stare down at my phone, mortified as I read the message and image linked as well over in my head over and over again.

Your little girlfriend seemed to have fun last night at the spa.

My jaw clenches at the idea of anyone hurting my amorem, and I begin pacing anxiously.

How can they get that close to her without noticing? She has bodyguards - not that she knows - with her at all times. I don't get how they didn't realise.

My heart jumps and my face pales as I receive the second message of the day.

She will pay for what you did to your father.

Shit.

~~~~~

Flashback ~  1 week after Alexei's death

"So, you're the new don now, huh?" one of my men asks with a smirk as we all sit around the meeting table.

"Yes. Have you got a problem with that?" I ask, daringly raising my eyebrow. They should know better than to be so arrogant around me.

He nervously gulps seeing my dark expression.

"I said, have you got a problem with that? Or do I need to repeat myself again? I don't like repeating myself." I glare, watching as his face pales.

"Yes, don." He mutters uncomfortable, avoiding my eyes as they stare into the side of his head.

"Who killed him?" One of my right hand men questioned.

Bella did.

But if I told them that I'd be practically killing her. They'd have her dead by the end of the week, regardless of where I hid her or what I wanted.

I may be the don, but if they found out Bella killed my father, they'd stop at nothing to get revenge on her. At least with me being Don, they wouldn't dare go against me. Not after knowing what I'm capable of.

"I did." I announced, straightening my back as I looked for their reactions, "My father was a horrible man and I was sick of his corrupt and evil ways. He put all of us through hell and he finally has finally paid the price for his sins. As they say, karma's a bitch."

Some look at me in shock, some look at me with pride, whereas one person looked at me with pure hatred.

"You killed him!" He shouted as he stood up, his chair slamming against the ground as he did, " He was a better don than you will ever be! And a better man. His cruel ways worked and we become stronger because of him."

"We became corrupt." I argued back, narrowing my eyes at him.

"Are you just saying that because he killed the Italian princess? Hm. Is that it? We all know you had a soft spot for that шлюха." (whore) He smirked, leaning forward in his chair and resting his elbows on the table.

"Get out." I sneered, locking eyes with him, "Get the fuck out before I have you dragged to the cells for disrespecting me."

"You're making a huge mistake. All for that распутная сука." (slutty bitch) He scoffs as he walks out of the room, slamming the door behind him.

"Right, does anyone else have anything to say?" I cock my head to the side and get a bunch of no's in response.

"Good. Get out."

~~~~~

This is my fault.

Why didn't I think that he'd come after Bella to get to me. I mean of course he would; he wants me to suffer, and there's no better way of getting to me than hurting Bella.

But I'm not letting anyone touch her.

Over my dead body.

I feel two arms wrap around my torso and I quickly shut off my phone so whoever it is can't see my phone, but I already know who it is.

"Amorem." I fake smile, turning around to face her, hoping that the worry I have isn't evident on my face, "How did the training go?"

I smirk as I see the shock still plastered on everyone's faces.

Never underestimate Bella's skills.

Or my training for that matter.

"Oh come on. You already know that I killed it." She laughs.

The most angelic laugh if you ask me.

"Didn't even bother with the knives since my shooting was so perfect." My grin widens as she speaks, the sound of her voice is like an elegant symphony.

"Of course you did amazing. I knew you would" I whisper against her ear before placing a soft kiss on her lips.

"Ew, get a room." Vince groans, covering his eyes in disgust.

"Yeah, if you're going to kiss the Russian prick at least do it in privacy." Enzo scrunches his nose distastefully, looking away from us.

Bella and I just laugh as they make their way back to their cars and Bella hops in mine.

"What's wrong?" Bella suddenly asks, catching me off guard.

"Nothing. Why'd you ask?" I tilt my head, feigning confusion.

Shit. Of course she can tell.

"Cut the bullshit. I know something's wrong so just fucking spill already." She rolls her eyes at me and I stop myself from leaning over the seat and grabbing her throat for the disrespect.

"I'd watch how you speak to me, deliciae." (darling)

"Oh please, what're you going to do? Tie me up and make me say sorry." Bella teases and rolls her eyes.

"I will if you keep up the attitude and jealousy." I smirk as she turns to face me.

"Jealousy?" She scoffs, "Please. You think I'm jealous? That I think you're talking to another girl and that's why I'm 'acting out'. You fucking wish I was jealous."

My smirk only grows as she realises just how jealous she really sounds.

"Ok fine. Maybe I'm a little jealous." She pouts, crossing her arms over her chest and slumping back in the seat.

"No need to be jealous, amorem." I turn to look at her, grabbing her chin and tilting her head up to meet my eyes, "I'm all yours."

I place a soft kiss against her lips and she lets a moan slip past.

"Come on. We need to go before your brothers think we're doing something." I release her and go to turn on the engine.

"Let them. What's the worst they can do?" She whispers as she pulls my arm back to her and places it on her chest.

"Right now, all I want is you.", She toys with the waistband of my sweats and boxers, "All of you."

She crawls onto my lap and kisses me passionately.

And soon enough, all of the threats are but a distant memory.

A/N ~ I think we all know what happens next, but I'll leave that up to you to imagine ;) 7 chapters left! Love ya <3