23 ~ Nicked

Isabella POV ~

Fire.

So much fire.

My lungs feel as though they're burning as I attempt to shield myself from the smoke. My lungs feel like they're filling up with tar as each breath that I take pains me more than the last.

The flames are coming hot and quick and I don't have time to run before they catch up with me.

My skin burns as they make their way up my arms.

Agony.

Pure fucking agony.

That's all I feel as the pain grows.

My vision blurs as the pain becomes too excruciating.

Please tell me this is the end.

Please tell me this suffering will end.

It has to.

I don't know if I can last any longer of this torture.

I make one last vain attempt to escape the flames as I look up at my family.

The family that doesn't make an effort to come after me.

To come help me.

The dizziness I felt comes back, and it comes back harder than the first time.

This time I don't fight it; I let it consume me.

My vision fades away.

My hearing fades away.

My pain fades away.

Until eventually, I fade away.

~~~~~

My eyes fly open as I take in my surroundings.

It's fine. I'm in bed, it's fine. It's just another nightmare. I reassure myself as I feel cold sweat drip down my body.

I look over to my right and find a pair of concerned eyes staring at me as they hold me in their arms.

Relaxing, I breathe a sigh of relief as I realise that I'm safe.

Safe from that night.

"Another nightmare?" Nik mumbles into my hair as he strokes my arm to help calm me.

I only hum in response as he whispers reassuring words in my ear.

"Want to talk?"

I nod slightly, pulling away from him and whipping the tears that I hadn't realised were there.

"It was from that night again." I sniffle, trying to dry my eyes, "I was in the warehouse when the fire started after the explosion but before you could get to me the fire reached me. There were flames. So many flames Nikky."

Stuffing my face into his chest, I let my tears flow freely as I sob violently into him.

He just holds me closer as he strokes down my back and plays with my hair.

"You know that it can't hurt you." He holds me cheeks in his hands and lightly touches our noses together, "You know that I'm never going to let anything like that happen to you again.

He places a soft kiss on my lips before laying back in bed, me resting my head on his chest.

"I think I love you." I smile to myself once I'm sure that he's asleep.

I feel myself start to drift off and just before I do, I hear him mutter the words I've been dying to hear.

"I love you too, amorem."