3 ~ Welcome home

Isabella's POV ~

I look down at my now fully packed bag that is laying on my bed.

Taking a deep breath, I pick up the bag before pulling it over my shoulder and walking towards the door.

Before leaving, I turn around and look at my now empty room, memories of my recovery flooding back.

I had spent around 2 weeks recovering in this room after Nikolai had found me half dead after the bomb had exploded. He brought me to another warehouse where some of his mafia doctors brought me back to life more or less.

I wanted to back to my family more than ever, but I was too unstable to travel and once I had found out about the documents, I knew that I had to find them before returning home. However I kind of forgot that my family runs the largest and strongest mafia in the world and that they could help me.

Oops. Silly me.

I close the door behind me as I leave the room and start heading to the stairs that I have gotten so used to.

Once I was fully healed, I'd chase Nik all around the house for pancakes and the amount of times I nearly fell down this stairs is ridiculous.

Making my way down the stairs, I look around one last time before reaching the bottom and walking over to the front door.

I take one last look at the house I have spent just over a month in before opening the door and shutting it with one last slam.

"You just had to slam it one last time didn't you.", Nik says from behind me, startling me.

"Jesus Nik, don't scare me like that.", I exclaim, clutching my chest, trying to calm my racing heart.

"Oh whatever. Come on princeps, we need to hurry up, the jet is waiting.", Nik says, pulling my bag from off of my shoulder. (Princess)

"Really? You decide to speak the one language that I don't know.", I say, giving him a playful glare.

"Verum amorem.", Nik smirks. (Correct love)

"I hate you sometimes.", I groan.

"Oh come on amorem.", Nik says as he swings his arm over my shoulder and leads me towards the car.

We both get in as Nik starts driving us to the airplane hanger about an hour away.

~~~~~

Walking up the steps to the jet, I take in the exterior of the plane; it reminds me of the jet we took when Darien and Luca were taking me home for the first time.

My heart flutter slightly at the memory, and a smile tugs the corners of my lips.

As we enter the jet my mouth hangs open at the sight of the inside.

Luca and Darien's jet is nothing compared to this

Luca and Darien's jet is nothing compared to this. This is gorgeous.

I hear a chuckle from behind me and I see Nik looking at me in amusement.

"You act as though you've never seen a private jet before.", he chuckles.

"I've been on one in my last 16 years of living.", I deadpan, giving him another playful glare.

"Ha sorry, forgot you were kind of kidnapped from your family as a baby.", Nik mumble, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Just because you mumbled it doesn't mean I didn't hear it.", I say walking off.

I sit down at one of the couches besides the window and gaze out of the window at the scenery around us. It's nothing much, just some trees and fields, but it just reminds me of how grateful I am to have not died that day.

My head perks up as I hear the pilot speak through the intercom.

"Please may you fasten your seatbelts, we are preparing to take off.", the pilot says before cutting of the intercom.

I quickly fasten my seatbelt and look over my shoulder to see Nik scrolling through his phone.

I reach over and snatch it out of his hand before tucking it into my bag.

"Idiot, you don't go on your phone during take off and landing. Everyone knows that.", I say rolling my eyes at his stupidness.

"Sorry mom.", Nik sarcastically responds.

"Yeah yeah.", I reply, before turning back to face the window.

I feel the jet begin to rise into the air as ground beneath us becomes further and further away.

Soon enough I fall into a dreamless sleep.

~~~~~

"Hey princeps, wake up we've landed.", I hear someone say as I'm gently shaken awake.

"Huh?"

I rub my eyes trying to get a look at the person who interrupted my sleep.

"Come on.", Nik grins at me as he pulls me up out of my seat, along with my bag.

We make our way out of the jet and down the steps before step down onto the ground.

I met with a warm gush of wind as I soak up the LA heat.

I turn to Nik to see him smiling gleefully at me. Ha mafia leader my arse.

He wraps his arms around my shoulder and pulls me into his side, pressing a gentle kiss to my forehead.

"Welcome home princeps."

A/N ~ And Bella has arrived in LA. Let me know what you think of this chapter and also if you want me to focus on this book of my other one 'La triplette perduta'. Stay safe <3