New Pet: pt. 2

I found the other two idiots and teleported us back to the mansion.
"Dust what the hell! We didn't even find a pet!"
"I did" I answered simply not bothering to explain further. Nightmare must of heard us talking because I heard him walk down the steps and towards us. His shoes clacked on the wooden floor and I felt the bitty in my palm flinch at every knock. I rubbed his back with my thumb reassuringly.
Killz and Cross were arguing and Nightmare was going to yell at them when he saw Dust walk up to him. Normally Dust keeps to himself so this was weird. That's when he held out his closed fist to him and opened it slowly to reveal a tiny skeleton.
It was the cutest damn thing I'd ever seen, what the fuck!
It was wearing a pink scuffed up hoodie and shorts. But what was really cute was his eye-lite it moved expressively like a humans, it was bright red and dilated, the eye stared up at me in awe. He blinked and I about melted when he said, "hello, there..." in a shy voice.
"Want to hold em?" Dust asked.
I scooped Horror out of Dust palm. He fell on his back in my palm and looked up at me embarrassed.
"Hey! Give him back Night" Dust growled.
"Ummm...no." I chuckled and pat his hooded head with my tentacle. I carried him into the kitchen and set him on the counter. I watched him get up shakily and tilt his head at me.
"Can you speak well?" I asked him. Maintaining my composure, just barely letting my excitement show.
"Yes sir."
"I'm Nightmare, welcome to your new home"
He smiled and hugged my thumb.
"Thank you sir!"
I smiled back proudly. Just then, I heard his spine crack in hunger under his garments. He fell to his knees his eye shutting in pain. He drooled desperately and slowly tried to stand and stalk away from me.
I stared at him in worry and he shook pathetically. Weirdly I felt a wave of fear come off of him. I was trying to find my words to ask what skeletons like him ate, he spoke,
"I'm sorry sir I'm sorry!" He fell backwards and flinched harshly like I was going to hit him for being hungry. I picked him back up gently and held him close to my chest to calm him.
"Don't apologise just because you're hungry. What are you hungry for?"
"Your....your going to feed me?"
"Of course I am." I pet his head gently and raised him up to my shoulder. He climbed out hesitantly and sat beside my neck. I could feel his warm fuzzy presence on my shoulder.
"I don't remember what I like to eat, anything you eat." I felt him move slightly and realised he was crying.
I got out a small bowl and poured some milk in it. I then got out some cookies I had on hand because nothing I could make would fit him. I broke the dessert to make it easier to eat. I set him down next to it.
He got out of my hands and smelled what I put out for him. He then happily began to eat, too fast for my liking.
"Slow down little shit, no need to rush, no one is taking it away from you here..." I watched him eat contently and smiled warmly down at him. 
Once he was done eating he was scooped up by a fascinated Killer by his hood. Horror looked terrified back at Nightmare as Night tried grab the small skeleton away from Killer. Kills being a little shit jerked his hand away and held him up in the air. Dust picked Killer up with his magic and made him hand over the little guy to him. Nightmare huffed in frustration and lectured the reckless skeleton.
Dust thought that was the end of Horror's little detour, he would stay with Dust now. But then he saw that the small skeleton was hyperventilating and choking on his tears. The words from the employee sung in my head.
His last owner threw him up against a wall as punishment
He thought he was being punished for eating.