T-shirt?

(Continuation of 115)

It was morning and Horror was up before his fellow teammates. He started breakfast. The oven heating the room caused him to sigh and roll off his t-shirt while working. He'd put it back on when he heard them wake up. 
At first he listened intently for creaks in the old wood. After awhile though he forgot to listen, working on the eggs and humming.
He was setting out the table when Nightmare came down the stairs. Horror waved, and finished setting out the plates. Nightmare on the other hand was stock still. Horror paused after a moment and looked at the food, did he forget something.
Eggs, bacon, pie, casserole, pancakes. No he doesn't think he forgot something. He took out his note book flipping it open to read his note of orders. No, he wasn't missing anything.
He scratched his head and looked Nightmare up and down. "What are you staring for boss?"
"I-I-...." Nightmare swallowed thickly. 
Horror grew concerned now and came over to him. "What's wrong?" He'd never seen Nightmare look so...'disgusted? Disgruntled? Angry? Forlorn? Hmm...' Horror couldn't think of the proper words for Nightmares expression.
"I've just never seen your...your, back before Horror."
Horror dropped the plate he was holding and bolted to the kitchen, he threw on his t-shirt and banged his aching head. 'How could I be so stupid'
Dust came downstairs next. Dust yawned and stretched sitting at the table. Horror jumped when Dust called, "hey can you grab me some coffee?"
Horror coughed to cover his cracking voice, "CO-Coming"
He shook his head and poured the prepared coffee.
The rest of the morning played out normally. The team came downstairs one by one, sitting at the table and eating breakfast. No one noticed Nightmare and Horror having a stare off contest in the mix of chaos that was the table. That was until Nightmare grunted and everyone quieted down out of respect. Waiting for Night to speak.
Horror spoke first, "Night don't..."
Dust looked between Nightmare and Horror nervously. Horror never spoke up when Nightmare was speaking, not ever. Dust would expect that from Killer sure but Horror? never in a million years.
Even Killer seemed to smell the tension in the air. Stopping trying to stab everything on his plate into a makeshift kebab.
"Where did you get those from Horror"
"It was a long time ago...it...it doesn't matter anymore."
"It matters to me"
Killer chimed in then a breathy laugh overlaying his words, "Uhhaha What's goin' on boss man?"
Dust punched his shoulder slightly, "why does Horror look so uncomfortable? What's wrong"
"Why don't you take off your shirt Horror" Nightmare glared.
"Fuck no!" Horror growled.
Both Dust and Killer looked stunned, Horror always! Always! Followed Nightmares orders to the end. What was so bad about taking his shirt off? I mean they're all skeletons. Skeletons of matching bones  (minus Nightmare). At least Dust and Killer were. They presumed Horror was no different. Though now that Dust thinks about it...Horrortale is a LOT different from Dustale or Killertale.
"We are your partners guys let us in on what going on." Killer demanded gesturing to him and Dust.
"Horror's back is covered in scars. Brutal ones...as if someone aimed for his back multiple times"
Horror growled, "I'm right here ya know."
"And you won't tell us what happened. We told you about everything that happened to us. Why did you keep such a big scar out of our knowledge?"
"Because it's disgusting" Horror whimpered. "I don't like the memories it brings back."
Nightmare's eyes softened. "Sorry Horror I just...I was worried and angry. I wanted to find out who did this to you to get revenge."
Horror chuckled wetly, he rubbed his eye sockets. "It's okay boss." Horror choked.
Dust went to Horror's side and gave him a reassuring smile from beneath his hood.
"And None of us would find it ugly." Killer cut in.
"Show me. Show us." Killer asked.
"Promise" Horror whispered.
They all nodded and Horror pulled up his shirt over his damaged skull. 
His back was covered in thick cracks and deep lines, like someone beat them out with a iron rod.
"I was whipped for speaking against the queen...I got 115 lashes as my sentence." Horror said numbly. Weirdly he felt better that he admitted to it. Like now that they saw it, he wouldn't wonder if they would think he was repulsive.