Chapter 4 - New World - Baby

__________________________________________________________

⚠️ Warning. This chapter contains sensitive content that may trigger others. There will be no warning before it happens. ⚠️

__________________________________________________________

Warmth surrounded my body and I cuddled in closer. I've never felt this cozy in my life. The attic is always cold, no matter the time of year. Winters were brutal and Nadia always made sure the bring me extra blankets, thicker sweats, and fluffy socks. Because it was always near Christmas time, they always had little reindeer on them or cute polar bears. Those were the only time's Daddy allowed me the 'luxury' to have nicer things.

However, Nadia always made sure my bathing water was warm and tried as she might to stuff the little cracks in the floorboards with old rags and newspaper. I missed Nadia and wished I could have one of her warm hugs right now. To remember the feeling of what it felt like to be cared about.

With that sad thought, I rolled over and stretched out my arms and legs, letting out a small pain-filled moan. My entire body felt like Daddy gave me one of his gifts. I don't remember him doing it though, he's left me alone for the most part since Nice-eyes was hired.

I blinked my eyes open, prepared for the darkness that usually greeted me in the dank attic, but to my surprise, sunlight greeted me through the sheer curtains of a large bay window.

What?

Then it hit me, I wasn't in the attic anymore, Dante and his scary-looking friend took me away to a new home. Bunny gave me a cute stuffy and put band-aids on my scratches.

Then a big pretty man carried me into the house and gave me my own room, made me yummy food, and we watched a movie!

I sat up straight, looking for the man. My eyes darted around the room, but he wasn't there. For some reason, I didn't like that. He was really nice and made me happy, like how Nadia used to treat me.