Chapter 38 - Care - Warrick

[Not Edited – December 31, 2022]

☁️ Please don't forget to support When Snow Fallsby clicking the star button at the bottom of each Chapter. Having you supportmy story by voting would mean a lot to me! Thank you! ☁️

 Having you supportmy story by voting would mean a lot to me! Thank you!  ☁️

__________________________________________________________

⚠️ Warning. This chapter contains sensitive content that could be triggering. There will be no warning before it happens. ⚠️

__________________________________________________________

It was no surprise to wake up the next morning with no change in my precious. She hadn't returned to us but Devil did a remarkable job taking care of her. He wanted to stay with her another day but the guilt that was eating away at him was a bit too much for him to cope with at the moment.

We didn't blame him, how was he supposed to know that the male that looked so promising on paper was a psychopath in disguise? Outwardly he showed no signs of being untrustworthy and had ulterior motives.

A few flashes of questionable behavior had popped up into our thoughts, the smile on his face killing that twat at Howlers. Not connecting with his team, sticking to the background. A man of few words and the same expression on his face that screamed don't-fuck-with-me-or-else that even had me of all people feel unsettled when he go up close to me in my office right before Baby's meltdown.

The panic attack makes so much sense now. She didn't want to leave with Rowan because he had assaulted her and my behavior just shortly before when I used my size to intimidate her pushed her over the edge.

I hated myself for it now.

I should have seen it.

I should have known not to act like that with her but I couldn't help my need to dominate her. I always needed to be in control of everything and I had pushed that incessant need onto her and it backfired.