Chapter 11 - Hunting and Snickerdoodles - Devil

__________________________________________________________

⚠️ Warning. This chapter contains sensitive content that may trigger others. There will be no warning before it happens. ⚠️

__________________________________________________________

Screams shattered through the tense atmosphere. The hairs pricked across my skin as I hid in the dark.

Sissy had run into my room about half an hour after that man had left me curled up half-naked with my body convulsing in painfilled sobs. She pulled me into the attached bathroom and tended to my injuries. Most superficial and there was nothing much she could do about the trauma on the inside.

Submerging me in a warm bath, she washed away all the blood and grime as she spat whispered expletives about our abuser all while reassuring me that we would escape soon when Enzo turned eighteen in a few weeks. Mother didn't care what happened to us, as long as that man kept her wallet stocked.

That man never touched Sissy, he preferred Enzo and me. Mother was just there as a trophy wife and to hide his true nature from the outside world.

Emalia drained the tub and got me dressed in my pajamas before crawling into bed with me, holding me to her chest as I still hadn't been able to reel in my tears.

We woke up hearing shouts and Sissy told me to hide under my bed and stay there until either she or Enzo came for me.

I didn't know how much time had passed until my door was slammed open and light footsteps trotted towards me and the bed skirt was shoved to the side. Blue eyes peered inside and Emalia's hand reached under for me to grab. "Hurry!" She whispered. "He's gone completely mad. I need to get you somewhere safe."

Pulling me out, she gathered me into her arms and wrapped my arms and legs around her.

In the hall, the yells didn't cease but I couldn't understand what was being said as Emalia held my head to her chest, her hand covering my exposed ear.