Chapter 10 - Meeting and Rules - Warrick

__________________________________________________________

⚠️ There is no warning for this chapter, it's AAALLLL fluff. ⚠️

__________________________________________________________

She drools...

He complained.

Inwardly I groaned, I would hit him if it weren't for the fact that I would cause myself bodily harm.

I'm not a masochist.

Ain't my kink.

It's getting all over our chest!

Shut up! If you were in my place, you know damn well you wouldn't do a damn thing about it either.

I hear him grumble profanities before blessing me with sweet silence. When he first made his presence known this morning, I cursed thinking he was going to take over and I really didn't want to switch today.

I had plans for my precious.

At some point during the night, she had crawled herself on top of me, her blanket tucked in around her like a human burrito. Tendrils of her hair splayed across my chest, her cheek squished against my sternum, a little puddle forming between my pecs. Other than a few fingers peeking out from the covers, she was completely swathed from sight.

So. Fucking. Cute.

Taking my discarded hoodie from the floor, I patted her cheek dry as well as myself before wrapping my arms around her. I bask in her warmth for a few moments, enjoying our closeness.

Holding her tight, I sit up, dragging my legs over the side of the couch before getting to my feet. Carefully, I carry her to her still unmade bed and place her gently under the comforter. Being that her pillow is still on my bed, I snatch one of the shams and tuck it under her head.

Remaining dead to the world, I lean over and kiss her forehead while tucking her rabbit inside the blanket.

Before leaving, I turn the television off, place her notepad on her nightstand, and then dim down the fairy lights wrapped around her bedframe until her room is enfolded in the faint snowy white hue of the twinkling bulbs.