Chapter 13 - Felix - Warrick

__________________________________________________________

⚠️ Warning. This chapter contains sensitive content that may trigger others. There will be no warning before it happens. ⚠️

__________________________________________________________

• Flashback •

From between the thick trees, we watch from the darkness as the derisory patrol team consisting of four scrawny guards stood watch at the front entrance. How they were deemed fit to protect the current Don was beyond me. It was almost laughable and unfortunate they were about to meet their maker... that is, if I gave a fuck.

Giving the signal, we aimed our rifles at our targets and took them out.  I eliminated the two men on the right easily, Viper doing the same with the two on the left.

We worked in tandem as we grabbed our duffels and circled around the back of the house, keeping to the shadows of the thick woodland. The back door sat just two men, seemingly shooting the shit, unbeknownst to what has occurred to their brethren. 

One of the men stood with his back towards the forest, just a mere few feet separating us. I take the shot as Viper chooses to run up the other male whose attention was on a video playing on his phone and slit his throat, wiping the mess off his blade on the man's shirt.

Pushing through the rickety door, I silently curse at the noise as the hinges protest at the action.

Guns at the ready, Viper and I crept through the halls of the old ranch home. After months of planning, we finally caught word from our informant that the Don was hiding out in the decrepit place.

The once white paint was curling back from the walls, exposing the even older yellowed wallpaper underneath. The flooring long ago rotted away, revealing gaping holes, some so large the basement was visible through the weathered wood.

The smell of mold permeated the air. As well as the fresh smell of cigarette smoke and vodka.

After a year of planning for this day, I never expected the motherfucker to stoop so low. Over the last few months, we slowly took out the top dogs of the pathetic gang.