Class Trial #2: Genocide Jack

(3rd Person's POV)

CLASS TRIAL...ALL RISE!

The monochrome cleared his throat as he began.

Monokuma: Let's begin with a basic explanation of the class trial! So, your votes will determine the results. If you can figure out "whodunnit" then only they will receive punishment. But if you pick the wrong one... Then I'll punish everyone besides the blackened, and the one that deceived everyone else will graduate! Okay then, so first off... Let's talk about the murder weapon!

Sora sighed. It's pretty obvious what was used to deliver the fatal blow...

---

NONSTOP DEBATE: MAKE YOUR ARGUEMENT!

Sakura: Fujisaki's fatal injury... It appears it was a head wound.

Taka: According to the Monokuma File, the killer used a "blunt instrument," but... What kind of "blunt instrument" could it have been!?

Hiro: I bet it was an iron pipe!

Taka: Interesting! That certainly would make for a powerful weapon!

Hina: Poor Fujisaki...

Sora's Truth Bullet: Locker Room Dumbbell

"YOU SURE ABOUT THAT?!"

---

Sora: Okay, no. The weapon was obviously the heavy weight-lifting thingie at the scene of the crime.

Makoto: ...You mean the dumbbell?

Sora: Ah, potay-to, pota-to. Anyway, it was covered in blood, and there was nothin' else there that could've caused that type of head injury.

Kyoko: And the wound on the victim's head is consistent with the shape of the dumbbell. As far as I'm concerned, there's no mistake and no room for doubt on this one.

Some of the students gave Kyoko uneasy expressions.

Hina: You...looked at her head wound?

Hifumi: Kyaaah! That's sooo creeeepy!

Kyoko: ...

Byakuya: If you don't mind, I will proceed from here. Let's move on to discussion of the culprit. Although, I believe the criminal behind this heinous act is already quite clear.

Hiro: What? For real!?

Byakuya: Fujisaki's killer is the fiendish serial killer, Genocide Jack!

Sora's ahoge bobbed up and down in confusion. Genocide Jack...that serial killer...could they have really been the one to kill Chihiro?

---

NONSTOP DEBATE: MAKE YOUR ARGUEMENT!

Byakuya: The culprit is Genocide Jack, I'm sure of it. Case closed, as far as I'm concerned.

Hina: But...that's impossible!

Byakuya: Why? What makes it impossible?

Hina: Well, I mean...come on...! There's just no proof for it!

Hifumi: Hey, so, speaking of Genocide Jack... I don't know who that is!

Makoto's Truth Bullet: Genocide Jack Case File

"NO, THAT'S WRONG!"

---

Makoto: I...might know one reason he could be involved.