Chapter 29: Heart-Broken Suspicion

(3rd Person's POV)

...

...

...

DING, DONG!

"Hunh...?"

The sharp noise of the doorbell awoke Makoto from his sleepy trance. He got up and opened the door to see Kyoko with a serious expression. Well, not that she was never serious before...oh, you get the idea.

"Naegi, get out here."

"Kirigiri...?" Makoto looked at her in confusion. "What's going on?"

"Hina just came to see me, and she was white as a ghost." Kyoko told him. "It sounds like something's happened."

"What...?" Makoto looked worried. His heart started to beat faster as he suddenly found himself wide awake.

"She said for us to come to the rec room." Kyoko said.

"The rec room...? Okay! Let's hurry!" Makoto exclaimed.

"Naegi! Kirigiri!" Hina called out once she saw them.

"Hina, what's wrong!?" Makoto asked in worry.

"S-Something's not right... In the rec room...!" Hina stammered.

"What's inside?" Makoto would hurriedly take a look inside. And when he did, he saw... "Ogami...?"

Is she...unconscious? She's sitting up in the chair, like she's...bowing her head.

Kyoko turned to Hina. "What's going on? Did something happen to her?"

"I was just walking past, and I happened to notice her through the window... But I couldn't get the door open..." Hina explained. "I tried knocking, I tried calling her name... But she wouldn't respond... S-So what should we do? What are we gonna do!?"

"First of all, we need to get into the room." Kyoko calmly said.

"But the door's locked, right? And if we break in, we'll be violating school regulations..." Makoto pointed out.

"We're going to force our way in." Kyoko folded her arms.

"I just said--!"

"The door isn't locked. It's not locked because the rec room door doesn't have a lock."

"Huh? Then why...?"

Kyoko went up to the door, only to feel some sort of hard object preventing her from going in. "It feels like the door is pressing against something inside the room. Is it...the chair?"

"Chair...?"

"Either way, this door isn't locked. Which means, as far as I can tell, the rule doesn't apply."

"Then...there's no problem if we break in!?" Makoto asked.

"Let's smash the window. That should be the fastest way..." Kyoko said.

"Okay, I'll go get something to break it with! Wait right here!" Hina exclaimed as she took off.

"Is she...okay?" Makoto would ask, taking another look inside the rec room and Sakura's unconscious form. "I mean, it's Ogami, so I'm sure..."

"..."

Kyoko didn't reply. There was only silence... But that silence didn't last long.

"Here!" A voice exclaimed as Hina came back. "I found a broom! In the classroom! Use it!" She told them through tired panting.