Chapter 33: Monochromatic Disassembling

(3rd Person's POV)

DING, DONG! BING, BONG!

"Good morning, everyone! It is now 7 a.m. and nighttime is officially over! Time to rise and shine! Get ready to greet another beee-yutiful day!"

"Ngh...Mmph..."

Sora groaned. It took longer than usual for her to open her eyes, but they opened nonetheless.

"Nggghaaa..."

 The small blonde let out a deep sigh as she sluggishly got up and out of her sweat-stained bed. Those chills, those aches, that loss of energy...they had all disappeared in the night. The only thing left of Sora's state was the teen herself, drenched in sweat... But it wasn't because of any sickness she had caught, either. It was because...

That dream I had... Sora thought.

What even was that. ...Hell, was it even a dream? Scrambling the depths of her mind, Sora began to reel them up and into her memory. ...That's right. Last night...

...Sora came down with a strange fever, and was unable to get a good night's rest. And then...she heard...a voice. It was her, saying words that she couldn't understand. And then...she woke up.

There was a strange individual, who Sora couldn't tell whether it was male or female. They were standing next to her bed, wearing a mask, a coat, and...they were holding a knife...

...Sora wanted to say that she fought the attacker off, but...she doesn't really remember all that well. She felt like her mind had been detached from he body, burning up with fever. She was somewhere far away, watching her body move on its own.  And because of that...she doesn't remember what really happened all that well. 

But she did remember bracing for impact... After that, her mind blanked out again. The only thing she can recall are random noises and sounds...they felt like two people fighting. But the next thing she remembered...

Was Kyoko, standing there and staring at her. But...what was she doing there? How did she even get into Sora's room?

"That was...such a strange dream..." Sora murmured to herself, placing her head on her head.

But...was it really a dream? It felt so real... Is there anything that proves that it actually happened?

Sora frowned as she recalled the memory again. That knife that the attacker had looked strangely familiar...

Walking to her desk drawer, she opened it up to find that the knife...was gone.

"What." Sora deadpanned as she blinked in confusion. "There's nothing here? But...I'm sure that this is where I put that knife 'Kawa gave me..."

That means...the knife that they told me to keep safe...!

Sora sighed. She had a feeling that "dream" felt too real. ...But even though it's true, things don't make sense... Why would someone attack her? Who was behind that mask? And...why was Kyoko...?

What the heck is even goin' on...?

Sora sighed as she stared at the door. "Maybe...I should mention this to the others. Maybe then I'll know what's goin' on..."

---

After going through her morning routine, Sora exited her room and walked to the dining hall. Opening the doors, the only person she saw was...

"Ah, Shirayuki!" Hina exclaimed as her face lit up. "Yup, that's Shirayuki, sure as the sky's blue!"

"Oh, Hina." Sora said.