Class Trial #4 Epilogue: Hopeful Resistance

(3rd Person's POV)

"Yeah, that's right. The one who killed Ogami was Ogami herself." Monokuma said half-heartedly before turning his back to the students. " ...Okay, we're done here."

"Hm?" Sora tilted her head, confused. Monokuma's usually super hammy when announcing this. Something seems wrong...

"So that's the whole truth, huh? I see... But there's still one thing I don't understand." Byakuya spoke up as he turned to Hina, his face flaring up with anger. "Hina...why did you try to cover up what happened? If the truth hadn't come to light, you would have died along with the rest of us. And yet you...! Why did you do that!?"

"Yeah! We almost died there!" Hiro pointed out.

"Because..." Hina clenched her fist. "That's exactly what I wanted!"

"...What." Sora deadpanned.

"I mean, the reason Sakura died is cuz all of you pushed her into a corner. You...you all killed her... So that's why... I couldn't let her be the only one that died!"

"You d-don't mean... You were gonna t-take us all with you!?" Genocide Jill exclaimed.

"We have to atone for our sins. Because everyone...even me...we all killed her. We all have to pay for our crimes..." Hina growled.

"F-For serious!?" Hiro exclaimed. "That's--!"

"You still don't understand? Then let me explain... Do you realize just how much despair Sakura was carrying with her when she died!? Look at this..." Hina pulled out a note, and showed everyone what it said.

"Such brutality has made me desperate. So instead of just waiting to be killed, I'll do it by my own hand."

"Th-That's...!" Makoto stammered.

"I found it on the ground, in front of the rec room. It's...Sakura's suicide note." Hina said.

"Suicide note...?"

"Thinking back, I should have seen it coming..."

---

"It was right after Genocide Jack had attacked me. Sakura got mad and stormed out of the nurse's office... I ran out after her, and..."

"Sakura, calm down! You don't have to worry about me, I'm fine!"

"I...can't calm down... I don't care if I suffer for this. It's my fault, after all. But now you're suffering because of me... You tried to protect me, but because of me...my closest friend got hurt!"

"S-Sakura..."

"Because of me...my friends are all going to kill each other. This is all...my responsibility."

---

"Sakura...thought she was responsible. She thought everything was her fault." Hina said. "Which is why...she wanted to find some way to get everyone to forgive her. So she asked to meet with...them."

---

"You asked to meet with those four? You can't! Don't you see how dangerous that is!?"

"Don't worry. I just want to talk to them."

"Talk about...what?"

"..."

"Listen, don't do it. If they all gang up on you at once, even you..."

"Hina... Please, don't think of things like that. They're not my enemy. They're...friends."

"S-Sakura..."