chapter seventeen

September 26th, 8:03PM

He wanted to look good for her.

At that point it wasn't a want, it was a requirement. A thirst to proof himself.

Draco rid the flannel, baring only the white t-shirt that allowed his muscles to flex through the fabric. His hair was messy from the autumn wind, and he replaced his black jeans with a pair of grey sweatpants.

The final touch was a thin silver chain around his neck, spritzing cologne onto his neck before approaching Theodore's dormitory.

He knocked on the door, heart thumping with nervousness.

"It's open," Theodore shouted, and he opened the door to the smell of weed, shot glasses placed in the center of the floor next to a bottle of whiskey.

Theodore was on the end of his bed, Pansy sitting on his lap as his fingers traced her thighs, holding her hips close to his body.

"Look who finally decided to show up," Blaise chuckled as he sat on the floor, leaning against the bedframe with a blunt in his hand. He passed it to Luna who sat snug besides him, blowing the smoke into the air with a smile.

"I was only three minutes late," Draco muttered, briefly locking eyes with Hermione who was in white cotton shorts and a light blue bustier crop top, curls set free as they cascaded across her shoulders and down her back.

She was locked in between Luna and Ginny, so he sat down across from her as the group circled on the floor.

"Who wants to go first?" Pansy smirked, pulling an empty liquor bottle from her bag and placing it in the middle of the group.

"Wait, what are we doing?" Draco glanced around in confusion, furrowing his brows as Ginny grinned at him with an amused snort.

"Did nobody tell you?" She laughed from besides him, pin straight long hair tied into a pony tail behind her head.

Draco frowned.

"Tell me what?"

He always seemed to be the clueless one of the group.

"Let him find out on his own," Pansy downed another shot, leaning forwards on her knees to hand the empty bottle to Blaise, "You first, Zabini."

He drew a deep sigh, cracking his knuckles before placing it on the floor, staring at Luna intently.

The bottle began to spin, and when it landed on Luna, Draco was struck with realization.

If only he'd known which game they'd be playing, he would've asked Blaise how to charm the bottle.

"C'mere," Blaise smirked, placing a hand on Luna's lower back as he pressed a kiss to her lips, caressing her jaw as Pansy counted down the ten second timer.

At three, she slipped another charm onto his necklace; a piece of aquamarine, one to add to his growing collection.

"Stop it, lovebirds," Ginny scowled with a roll of her red eyes, "Your time's up."

"You'd do the same if Harry was here, Gin," Hermione laughed, inhaling the smoke before blowing it out of her pursed lips.

It was the most attractive thing he'd ever seen, and yet he was sure she hadn't ever smoked during her time at Hogwarts. Where on earth had she learned it from?

"Let me try," Theodore grabbed the bottle, spinning it eagerly on the hardwood floor. They all watched in amusement as it landed on Draco, who scoffed out loud and covered his face with his hands.