chapter thirty seven

quick poll! I'd like my readers to help choose my ending. both are happy, one just allows for more chapters. whichever gets more love is the ending I'll stick to... or I'll write both. it's up to you guys, you're the ones reading!

ending 1: they get their happy ending at the end of eighth year, move into an apartment, classic happy ending blah blah.

ending 2: right person wrong time, they separate at the end of eighth year to grow as people. remain in the same friend group, lots of tension... and fall in love again working in the Ministry as matured adults.

personally the latter feels more natural to me, but it's up to you guys. feel free to leave feedback on what you'd prefer, I appreciate it!

He awoke with a certain excitement in his chest, although he tried to hide that when he sat down for breakfast with his mother.

"Are you fully packed?"

He nodded through a bite, trying to hide a smile as he remembered the tote bag hanging from his bedroom doorknob.

"I have to go," he stood, placing his dish in the sink, rolling his luggage out into the living room, "Goodbye, Mother."

She kissed him on the cheek as he disappeared behind the door, tote bag over his shoulder as he rolled down to the pizza shop across the street.

With a handful of floo powder he was across the street from Kings Cross Station, entering Platform 9 3/4. He'd arrived early, purposefully, and nerves were exploding in his stomach.

He was afraid she wouldn't like it, what he had planned. His intentions from the letter had changed.

When he arrived to the compartment, still utterly empty to his relief, he cast a Silencio charm and enchanted it to look completely occupied. Taking the tote bag from his shoulder and stowing his luggage, he began to set up.

Draco placed down two teacups, filled with her favorite, White tea with elderflower, his with Earl Grey. He unwrapped the plate of handmade cakes, ones he'd baked with his mother the prior evening.

He lit the last candle as she walked through the door, rose petals sprinkled on the seat to which her eyes blew wide in wonder.

"I know, I — I didn't stick to my word," he said carefully, watching her take in his display in awe, "But I figured we could get to that later, when we arrive-"

"It's-" she paused, admiring how beautiful everything was. He'd enchanted the glass to be stained, gorgeous colors of light shining through the window as the train pulled out of the station.

"I'm sorry if you're disappointed, I know it's not what I promised-"

She jumped on him with a hug, his promise ring still wrapped around her ring finger.

"I missed you," she smiled widely, "And I am most definitely not disappointed."

He heaved a sigh of relief, planting a sweet kiss on her lips as he grasped her waist, burying his hands in the sides of her sweater.

"I'm glad to hear that," he whispered, their hands intertwining, "And it appears I've been a bad influence on you."

She smiled, looking down at her fingers laced in his. Silver rings sat adorned on her knuckles, thinner, more feminine than his own.

"I bought them out shopping with Gin. Quite frankly I'm happy you rubbed off on me," she pulled away from him, eating one of the tea cakes from the platter with a satisfied roll of the eyes, "Did you make these?"

"My Mother and I baked them," he said, a grin at her reaction, "For you."

"They're delightful," her eyes widened, taking another bite before finishing the previous one. He laughed as crumbs built by the side of her mouth, and he reached forwards to swipe them with his thumb.