chapter thirty eight

Sooo... in regards to our ending, I will be mixing the two! I will be keeping the next section in this book and will have a split to show where the second half of the story begins. The second half I plan on being much shorter, but you still get more chapters. There will be a decent time jump just to allot for time and growth for characters. I promise it is something all my readers can enjoy and there is in fact a happy ending! One major concern from people was having to see Hermione and Draco in relationships with other people. That will not be happening, so don't worry about that aspect!

In addition to that, if you have any ideas regarding scenes or occurrences you want while they're still in eighth year, feel free to comment and I will try my best to incorporate the ones I like. Enjoy reading!

............

February 14th

Throughout January, they'd enjoyed what little time they had left together without Potter and Weaslebee's eventual interference. He knew Hermione hoped Harry would learn to cope and perhaps drag Ron away from the situation if they were to be caught mingling in public, but he knew the chances of that were close to none.

While he could without a punch to the face, he constantly had his hands on her. Hermione had insisted she didn't want much of anything for Valentine's Day, as it was a holiday neither of them much enjoyed.

It was far too pink and bubbly for both of their liking, so he took to a bouquet of greenery and wildflowers instead. They sat in a baby blue vase on her bureau, water filling it with just a touch of her wand.

"I told you I didn't want anything," she sighed against his lips as he insisted on dragging her from their common room and into the hall.

"I know," he assured her, "But I want to do something with you, and I think you'll like it. Quite honestly I'm surprised we haven't before. Just pretend it's like any other night."

She groaned as he took her up the stairs, past the statue of Boris the Bewildered.

"You're so incredibly stubborn."

She bit her lip as they entered, knowing exactly where they were. White foam sat atop the warmed pool, a floral aroma coming from the bubbles that were rising up into the air. It was storming out, the windows dark besides the one covered in stained glass, the image of a siren plastered into the clear surface that would reflected into the water should the foam cease.

"It's just like any other night," he leaned into her lips with a whisper, one hand on her waist as the other locked the door.

He kissed her slowly, calming her fervor with dominating hands. She knew she couldn't go anywhere or try to escalate the situation, nor did she want to.

She liked when he slowed time down.

Hermione laughed as he waltzed her to the sink, lifting her up before settling between her legs, pressing himself against her waist, denim covering her legs.

He tangled a hand in her hair as they kissed deeply, rocking his hips gently into her at an excruciatingly slow pace. They were wearing far too many clothes, and the room was warm.

"Draco," she breathed out as he lifted her shirt above her shoulders, tossing it to the side before unbuckling her bra, allowing her breasts to fall free. She allowed a quiet moan to slip as he sucked on them slowly, fingers looping through her belt holes whilst she unbuttoned her jeans.