chapter thirty

Saturday, November 28th

Pansy Parkinson had held three parties since the beginning of the school year, and Draco could not recall the reason behind why he continued attending them.

Perhaps it was to satisfy Granger's never ending hunger to forget everything that'd happened during their seventh year.

He honestly believed he'd never go to one of her parties again, besides showing his face to prove attendance to Pansy before leaving after five minutes, should Granger refuse.

Ever since he'd discovered how much of a lightweight his once innocent and book-shy girlfriend was, he felt it was his duty to protect both her and her equally as drunk friends.

They were dancing amidst a crowd of careless bodies, something he could only enjoy should it be with her, when Hermione let go of his hands and let her impulsive hips sway her towards the bar.

"Granger? Where are you going?"

"Drinks," Hermione slurred, practically falling over in her heels as she walked towards where Theodore Nott stood serving behind the makeshift counter.

"Shit-" Draco followed her through the sea of bodies, drunk and lovely, for he was far too sober to be in his current situation.

"Get me a firewhiskey," he heard her demand of his best friend, leaning on the marble with her chin perched between her hands.

"Whatever you say, Hermione," Theodore murmured with an unsurprised glance before reaching into an ice filled cooler for a bottle.

"You shouldn't be drinking that," Draco scolded her from behind, hands on her hips, but she took the glass from Theodore's grasp anyways and downed a sip.

"I'm fine," she rolled her eyes, a teardrop of alcoholic liquid rolling down her chin before wiping it with her sleeve.

"You can barely walk, Granger," Draco shook his head, reaching for the bottle, "I'll be damned if I let you pass out, let alone puke all over my bedroom floor-"

"Shut up-"

She tilted the bottle backwards to take another sip and it spilled down the front of her dress, goosebumps rising on her skin as she turned pink in frustration.

"You are drunk," Draco took the now half empty bottle from her hands and placed it down on the counter, gently grabbing her wrist and pulling her towards the bathroom.

She tugged away from him.

"I swear on my Mother, Granger, I will throw you over my shoulder right now and everyone will see what's beneath that dress."

She blushed and relaxed her firmly planted feet, allowing him to drag her towards the nearest restroom.

"Do anything, I fucking kill you," Ginny snarled from the bottom of the stairs, glancing at Hermione before giving Draco a deadly stare.

"Trust me," Draco nodded, taking Hermione's waist, "I'm well aware of your rules, Weaslebee."

He pushed open the door to find the girl's bathroom empty, floor scattered with pills and ripped toilet paper.

Draco grabbed a towel from the rack as she sat on the cold marble counter, legs swaying and arms crossed in a pout.

It was silent as he dragged the rag across her torso, her dress so stained he knew only his wand would fix it.

"Yesterday you wanted me to talk about it," She suddenly broke the silence, posture slumped as he grasped his wand in his pocket and began drying her in slow motions.