The Break In and Escape

The group of kids are slowly making there way while trying not to slip off the roof. "What if Vander finds out we're all the way up here?" Claggor asks, second guessing his choices. Vi slowly keeps moving but looks at Claggor. "Look around you. You think anyone topside's going hungry? Besides, this is exactly the sort of job Vander would've pulled when he was are age." She stops at a corner of the roof.

"I'm going. Are you with me or not." She asked looking at her friends. Mylo shrugs while making eye contact with Claggor, Claggor shakes his head before saying, "Vander's gonna kill us." "Yeah, only if we screw up." Vi replied. "So don't screw up." She then drops from the ledge to the balcony underneath the group.

There is a moment of silence while the four wait for Vi to call them down. "All clear." Vi calls out. Mylo drops down first ,Claggor stays up to help the twins down, then he drops down last. Mylo Groans after he tried opening to door. "Who locks their balcony?" He then pulls out his lock pick and starts working on the door.

After dropping down on to the balcony Claggor sighs with relief and then looks over the railing. "There's ton of enforcers down there." "Means we're in the right place. You Gonna get that door open anytime soon?" Vi asked Mylo, Eager to get things started. "Working on it. Seeing as I'm the only one who knows how to pick locks, I suggest" Vi cuts Mylo off by kicking the door open, scaring him. Vi walks past Mylo, Caggor does the same but smacks him up side the head, (Y/n) follows behind Claggor and snickers at Mylo, Powder follows close by her twin. "Animals." Mylo mutters.

The five walk in amazed at the equipment and gadgets that are everywhere. (Y/n) is shell shocked, mouth wide opened. Vi walked further inside, dropping the bag that she was carrying on the floor in the middle of the room, she then walks over to the book shelves mesmerized. The rest follow suit, (Y/n) going over to the chalk board, Claggor just walking around, Powder going over to one corner of the room, and Mylo walking over to a desk with a shit ton of papers.

"You know, Claggor, for once you're right. We are definitely not supposed to be here." Mylo said while rubbing his hands together before grabbing two little gadget pieces and shrugging then throwing them in the bag. Claggor does the same with a drawer full of things and dumping them in.

(Y/n) was still looking at the chalk board before he was called out by Mylo. "Hey kid, you gonna help or just keep looking at the board?" He asked with sarcasm. "Yea, yea, whatever." The young boy said before walking over to the table. "Must be an inventor that's here." He added.

"Huh." Powder responded. Something catches her eye while walking beside a bookshelf. "Woah, I think this is a real Valdiani." Soon she picks the gadget up and pushes the top of it, causing it to pop open and a little solar system started to spin and music started to play. (Y/n) over heard this and wanted to have a look for himself. "No way." The twins are both intrigued by the little toy.

The out of nowhere Mylo finds something himself. "Oh yeah, what about this?" And he whips something out and turns it on, looking very proud. (Y/n) looks away from the Valdiani and looks quite disgusted at Mylo. "That's a nose hair trimmer." He said pointing in Mylos direction. The young boy could hear his twin snicker at his comment.

Vi comes over to the two. "Keep an eye out for anything that looks valuable, you two." She said. "Before Mylo fills the bag with junk." (Y/n) could be heard trying to hold in a laugh while watching Mylo try to use the nose hair trimmer. He then throws the nose hair trimmer away and rubs his nose before look at the desk for more stuff, causing (Y/n) to walk somewhere else in the room.

Before the young boy could find anything else, Mylo calls out to the group. "Uh... Guys?" He said with a bit of concern in his voice. The three big kids are at the table first. "Wait, Vi, how the hell did we find this place?" Claggor asked. Mylo touches the weird gadget that was found and it gave him a little shock. "It was a tip from Little Man." Vi responded. "Little man?" Mylo asked. "Just leave it." Vi said and went back to grabbing more things. "Come on."

(Y/n) just shook his head and went back to finding more things, until he noticed Powder walk down a hallway off of the room the group was in. The two older boys were talking but he payed no attention to it. (Y/n) followed his sister into a room further down the hallway. She opens the door and walks into the room, soon her brother doing the same. He catches her humming a tone. "What're you doing back here?" He asked. A little spooked, she takes a sigh of relief. "Just thought, maybe, there would be more stuff." She responded. (Y/n) responded with a shrug and started inspecting the room.

The young boy noticed on the left side of the room, there were two sandwiches. "Ooh! Powder look." He said with enthusiasm. Powder looks up from a book she took off a shelf and puts it down as her brother hands her a sandwich while eating the other one. (Y/n) goes over to the bed in the room and sits down to enjoy his sandwich, Powder on the other hand notices a box underneath some blueprints. "What's that?" (Y/n) asked with mouthful of sandwich. Powder inspects the box. "I don't know yet."

She looks around the box and pushed a button on the side. The box starts to make clicking sounds and then the lid slowly opens to reveal blue crystals. Mesmerized, Powder goes to pick one up, she looks closely at the crystal in her hand, interested. (Y/n) has finished his sandwich by this time and stands by his twin, curious. "What are they?" He asked.

Before Powder could respond, he heard a loud thud outside the room and down the hallway. (Y/n) runs to the door to check it out only to see Mylo had slammed a chair in the front door as if blocking it, Vi then whisper yells. "(Y/n), Powder, we gotta go!" "Shit!" (Y/n) cussed under his breath. "Come on, Powder!" And he books it to the group, not realizing that in a split decision, Powder grabs all the crystals and puts then in her belt pocket.

(Y/n) runs by Vi who is waiting for the other twin and meets with the two older boys. Powder runs out of the room, not realizing she dropped a crystal and on ever impact of it hitting the floor, it would spark. Once Powder met with Vi in the hallway, the older sister grabbed her and ran with her. (Y/n) was outside on the balcony while the other two were holding the doors waiting for the girls. "Come on!" Mylo said anxiously.

Vi slight throws Powder towards the door but then runs to the bag. "We'll be fine. Just get back on the roof." She instructed the group. The man on the other side of the blocked door is now kicking at the door. The blue crystal that Powder dropped is rolling closer to the wall and sparking some more. Then it makes impact. Vi pulls the bag over her shoulder but then the whole group was pushed back by a big blue explosion. (Y/n), who was already outside, was nearly fell off but grabbed the railing before falling to the ground. He's loosing his grip but is grabbed and pulled over by Claggor.

Taking deep breaths, (Y/n) thanks Claggor for saving his life. Vi meets up with the group but then the building starts to shake and part of the balcony starts to crumble. Flashes of blue lightning start to appear and get closer to the group. "Hold on!" Vi yells to the rest, hoping that they all get out of this alive.

A small part of the balcony comes crashing down to the ground. The rumbling starts to settle and Vi looks over the edge to the ground where part of the balcony use to be. "Shit." She cusses under her breath as the enforcers underneath look up and realize what had happened. In the distance, horns could be heard, warning the town and enforcers of the explosion.