The Base Violence Necessary for Change

The wind blows against the hanging sign outside of the shop, making it creak. Vi sits on the stool inside, tapping her foot anxiously waiting. two set of foot steps could be heard approaching the door, Vi stands up and readies herself. The door opens to reveal two people, one being... "Vander?" Vi said surprised. Vander has a face of worry but soon shows to be relief, he sighs. "We don't have much time." He said and entered the shop, followed by Benzo. 

"How did you find me?" Vi asked. Vander walks up to her and puts his hands on her shoulders. "I'm proud of you. Always have been." He said before placing his hands on both sides of her head. Vi grabbing one of his hands. "I'm sorry, I... This is the only to protect the others." Vi said.

Dogs bark in the distance and Benzo stands by the window, he sees something and his breath sharpens. "Vander." He warned his friend. Vander looks back and then back at Vi. "You've got a good heart. Don't ever lose it. No matter how the world tries to break you." Vander said. Confusion shown on Vi's face. "Protect the family." "What are you-" Vi doesn't get the chance to finish before she is shoved into the basement and Vander locking her in.

Vi runs to the door, Angered at this action and tries to open the door, but to know avail. "Vander! Let me out. This isn't right." she said and bangs on the door again. Vander has his head leaned up against the door, hearing Vi plead for him to let her out. "I'm guessing that's for me." The gravely voice of a woman could be heard at front door, showing to be Grayson with Markus behind her and enforcers waiting outside.

Vander turns around to face the two, Grayson nods her head at her second in command who makes his way over to the basement door. Vander simply steps in Markus' way. "you gonna let us make the arrest or not?" He said with frustration in his voice. "You'll oblige a doomed man one last smoke." Vander said before pulling out a match and lighting it with his thumb.

Grayson's eyes wide at the  realization that they weren't going to arrest a kid but the man who is looked up to by all the people of Zaun. Vander brings the smoking pipe and puts the match at the end of it while inhaling the fumes. He flicks the match and exhales the smoke. "Won't you?" He asked.

Grayson takes the hint and walks up behind Markus and grabs him by the shoulder to move him out of the way. She stands almost in front of Vander but to the side a bit and doesn't look at the man. "I'm not putting you away, Vander." She said, still not making eye contact with him. "The council need it's pound of flesh." He said nodding his head. Grayson closes her eyes remembering the very quote she said to him that night. 

Vander brings the smoke pipe back up to his mouth to take another puff. "Without you down here, it all falls apart." Grayson said, finally looking at Vander. Vander exhales the smoke and puts down the pipe on the counter, Benzo standing by the basement door. "Benzo will handle things. He may not have my devilish charm, but he runs a tight ship." 

On the other side of the basement door, Vi hears all of it and begins to pound on the door again. "Vander, no. You can't do this." Vi said with emotion cracking in her voice.

"You won't be coming back for a long time." Grayson said. Vander begins to walk over to Markus who holds the hand cuffs and raises his arms to male enforcer. "I know." He said. Vi pounds more on the door, hoping that maybe soon it will come off it's hinges and she will be able to stop Vander but to no avail.

While Vander gets his right hand cuffed first, Grayson had to ask why. Vander's both hands are now cuffed. "It's the only way." He said and was lead out of the building by Markus and Grayson following suit. Benzo paused for a moment and sighs at Vi's pleads to let her out, it acks him to leave her like this but he has to for Vander. Benzo walks out of the shop. 

"You shouldn't be out here." Ekko said to (Y/n). Both boys were walking in an alleyway after (Y/n) snuck out and followed Vander and Benzo but soon loosing their trail and bumped into Ekko. "We need to find them. I need to find Vi." (Y/n) said with worry and determination stitched in his voice. the boys walk further. "Does Powder know you left?" Ekko asked. (Y/n) stops for a second but then continues to walk, he shakes his head. Ekko just sighed and followed his friend to where the boys think the older men went to. Benzo's shop.