The Deal.

The three make it to Benzo's. Before Vander opens the door to the shop, he grabs the bag from Claggor. "Nobody comes in." He said and goes into the shop, leaving the two boys outside. (Y/n) only groans, Claggor chuckles and pats the kid's shoulder. After about 20 seconds of silence, the door opens again to reveal Ekko carrying a small crate of gadgets. Ekko was a small black kid with white hair, he was also about the same height as (Y/n). The two kids are good friends, so when (Y/n) sees Ekko, it always brings joy to his day. 

"Claggor! (Y/n)!" Ekko said excitedly. "he-he-hey, Little Man." Claggor said. "I was hopin' you'd be working today." (Y/n) said to his best friend. "Where else would I be?" Ekko asked rhetorically, he then bumps into Claggor asking the important question. "Did you guys go?" He asked enthusiastically. "Sure did." Answered Claggor. "Hey, listen, how did you find that place?" He asked while taking his goggles off to reveal the big bruise on his right eye. "I just-." "Woah, did you fight the enforcers?" Ekko asked excitedly. 

"No, we just ran into some idiots." Answered (Y/n). "Oh, did Vi kick their asses?" the white haired boy asked. "I mean, I assume so? I wasn't around to see it, I had to make a run for it with Powder. But I did hit one of them with a pipe!" (Y/n) said. "Ooh! Were the knocked out?" "like a light." both boys started laughing at the thought. "Oh, I have been practicing the moves Vi has been teaching us. Look." Ekko then hands the crate to Claggor and starts to demonstrate some fighting moves quite aggressively while making grunting noises, (Y/n) laughed at this but was quite impressed by his friends  improvements. 

"Yeah, it's... it's coming along. Hey, so, how'd you find that place, anyway?" Claggor asked again, trying to get some information. Ekko has stopped doing more moves for a moment but then continues after he started talking. "Uh, this weirdo came into the shop. Bought a whole bunch of stuff Benzo only keeps there for display. He paid in gold and didn't even haggle. I charged him double price. Sucker." (Y/n) snickers at the last comment before Claggor asking another question. "But how did you know where he lived?" "Uh, followed him. How else?" Ekko responded, he then grabbed the box back from Claggor and put it on the back of his Motorbike. "Oh, right." Claggor said while putting his goggles back one his face.

Foot steps could be heard in the distance. A couple figures come around a corner, their facial features due to the green mist but the boys still knew who they were, enforcers. "Oh, crap." (Y/n) said. Claggor started to stammer before Ekko told him that the two men inside were gonna be fine, Claggor runs off back to the last drop but (Y/n) decided to stay and hid in an alleyway. In a split decision, Ekko quickly leans up against his motorbike and waves to the enforcers. "Well, hello." he said. 

The enforcers wore venting masks to protect them from the toxicity of the green mist. They by past Ekko and went into Benzo's shop. When the two enforcers go into the shop, they take the venting masks off, interrupting the two males' conversation inside. Ekko looks through the main window. "Shit." he whispered. (Y/n) peers around the corner. "What's going on?" he asked. "I don't know, I can't hear them." Ekko paused and watched some more, one of the enforcers then starts walking to the door. "shit. Follow me." Ekko said to his friend and lead him to the side of the building and climbed up half and bushed through a hole that lead into the attic part of the building, directly above the shop.

 Once (Y/n) makes it inside the attic, he is lead by Ekko to this small pole and to the right of it looks like a tube that goes into the ground. (Y/n) also notes the glass floor that shows a perfect view of the adults down below. "What is this?" He asked amazed. "It's where I hang out when I'm bored and listen in on Benzo's secret talks." Ekko responded with a wide grin on his face. (Y/n) snickered and shook his head in disbelief. Ekko then goes to the makeshift pole and stats to spin the handles on the top and looks through the magnifying glass on it. (Y/n) walks over to his friend to see what he is seeing. 

Ekko played with the controls on the pole some more until they could here some mumbling through the tube, he then hits it and the voices start to come out clearer. "Don't mind the kid." the woman enforcer said. "Doesn't know when to pipe down." (Y/n) was amazed by this machine and moved in closer to hear better and see through the glass on the pole. "Some things are the same topside and bottom." Vander said handing a drink to the woman, she shakes her head after taking the cup from him. She takes a drink from the cup and sets it down on the counter. "You know this crossed a line upstairs." "Was anyone hurt?" Vander asked. "A building was blown up to bits. What do you think?" the woman said. 

Vander looks down at the counter and sighs. "Those who did this will be dealt with." "that workshop belonged to the Kirammans." The woman said, Benzo seemed to have flinched at the last name. The woman continued. "You know what kind of stuff they had in there? Makes this place look like a candy shop." Benzo looked offended. "The Council needs someone to make an example of. People need to feel safe." "Yeah, topside people." Vander said with a bit of disgust in his voice. (Y/n) couldn't deal with it anymore and had to get back but something was said that made him stop from leaving. "We had a deal, Vander." The woman enforcer said. Both Ekko and (Y/n) look at eachother in shock, they both go back to listening. "You keep your people off my streets, and I stay out of your business. Give me a name. We'll do things quite. No one will know you were involved."(Y/n)'s heart started to race and fear rushed through. 

"I can't do that." Vander said. A bit of relief went through (Y/n) and calmed his breathing but moved closer to listen some more. "You don't seem to grasp how serious this is. If I don't put someone behind bars tonight, the next time I come down here, I'll have an army of enforcers down here." Both boys flinched and fear went through (Y/n) once more. "We both know how that'll go." The woman finished. "I'm sorry, Grayson, but I can't offer up my own people." Vander said before taking a sip from his drink. 

The woman, known as Grayson, grabs her helmet from the counter and sighs. "If you change your mind, this will reach me." She then puts a small messenger tube on the counter in front of Vander. "And only me." She finished and walks away and out of the building. 

(Y/n) doesn't know what part of the conversation to focus on first but he has to get back home to the others before dark. "Don't tell anyone about this just yet, okay?" (Y/n) said to Ekko. The boy nods his head. "Okay." He responded. The two boys then say their goodbyes and (Y/n) sneakfully makes his way back to The Last Drop. Back home to the others.