The Last Drop

"You did what?" Mylo asked angrily. At this time it was dark and crickets were playing their tone. Mylo was up in Powders face but (Y/n) stepped in between the two, getting in Mylos face. "It's not her fault! She tried to use Mouser but she didn't work so we had to throw to bag as a last resort." (Y/n) said, covering for his sister. "Who saw that coming." Mylo said sarcastically and raised a hand, looking around seeing if anyone else would agree.

"We never should have gone over there." Sighed Claggor with his hand around his neck. "doesn't matter. The stuff's gone." Vi said walking over to the twins. She puts a hand on (Y/n) head and the other hand on Powders arm, she looks at the twins individually. "It's all right, you two. At least you're okay." She said reassuringly and rests her hand on powders cheek and her other hand on (Y/n) cheek. Vi walks towards the door. "Okay? What about us? I get my face bashed in, and they just get a pass?" Mylo exaggerated and walks into the run down house after all the others. "Yup." Vi responded.

The door closes behind them and they walk over to a archway and everyone either stays standing up or just sit some where but Vi grabs a lamp hanging from the wall and tugs on it a little. Soon the archway starts to shake and the lamp that Vi pulled lights up, the group starts to move downward, like an elevator. "Every time. Every time she comes, something goes wrong. (Y/n) is different, he knows what he's doing but her? She jinxes every job." Mylo said pissed off. 

Both Powder and (Y/n) get up close in Mylo's face,  both giving him an angry expression. "Just drop it, Mylo." Vi said facing the moving wall. The elevator kept going further and further down until they see green lighting hit their eyes. (Y/n)'s eyes had to adjust a bit but it came in clear, the Underground city, Zaun. The city was dark but placed deep inside a ravine, green mist covering up the city the further you go down and the buildings were so rundown, they wouldn't even withstand an earthquake.  

The towns people were dressed rugged and dirty. Not a single person looked well dressed or clean. The group almost makes it to the ground floor of the city, Vi pulls her hood up to cover the bruises and marks of the fight. The elevator shakes to a stop, the group has gotten off and start walking through the city and crowds of people. Passing by some small shops, Mylo decides to sneakfully steal a piece of fruit before anyone noticed. The further they walk, they pass by a gentlemen's club, Claggor makes eye contact with one of the women smoking outside, He quickly looks away and speeds up his pace. 

Finally, they make it home, The Last Drop. A pub for the towns people and a place for everyone to make deals or trades or just to get a drink but for the five, it's a place to sleep and feel safe. The five kids walk through the front door and the noise of the crowd hits there ears. their heads hang low to make sure the owner of the pub doesn't notice the bruises or cuts. They walk to the door that goes further into the building, they open the door and walk down some stairs. Vi plops down on a lazy chair, Claggor and Mylo sit on one couch and the twins sit across from the older boys on another couch. 

Powder sits with her legs between her arms and (Y/n) rests his head on the arm of the couch, exhausted. Vi sighs. Mylo rests his feet on the coffee table and Claggor throws his goggles on it too. "Vander learns none of this." Vi said looking at the group. "No worries there. Powder took care of the evidence." Mylo said with a sigh. "I tried, okay? You don't get it. You're older, you're bigger. It, it isn't fair." Powder responded. "So, stick with us! Take a punch or two." You know what, Mylo! We-." Before (Y/n) could fight back, the door of the hangout room opens and Vander walks in.

(Y/n) was caught standing up but once he made eye contact with Vander, the boy sat down and sighed a very aggressive sigh and bunches his arms together grumpily. The other siblings simply look away from the older male's gaze. "Everyone all right?" Vander asked making his way down the stairs. "never better." Mylo responded. "Good." Vander makes it to the bottom of the stair and now is walking with his hand behind his back. "I don't suppose you can explain why it is that I'm hearing about an explosion and a foot chase topside?" Vander asked, almost walking around the group, currently behind the twin's couch. None of the kids make eye contact nor a sound. "Five children fleeing the scene." He stops at the corner of the couch. 

A long silence echoes in the room before Vander continues. "What the hell were you thinking?" He asked disappointed. Finally, Vi responds. "That we can handle a real job." "A real job?" "We got our own tip, planned a route, nobody even saw." Vi trying to convince Vander. "You blew up a building." Vander said unsatisfied. "That wasn't-." "Did you even stop to think about what could have happened to you?" Vander cut her off. Vi looks away. "Eh? To them?" He continued, pointing at the rest of the kids, All of them not making eye contact.

Vander sighs before pinching the bridge of his nose. "Where did you even get this tip?" He asked. "We just  heard it from Benzo's shop." Powder Responded. "From?" Vander asked again. Slowly making eye contact with Vander, (Y/n) decides to answer. "Little man." He said making a face, unsure how Vander would react. The older man sighs heavily. All of a sudden Vi slams the arm of her lazy chair and marches toward Vander. "I took us there. If you wanna be mad, be mad at me." She said pointing to herself. "but you're the one who always says we have to earn our place in this world." "I also told you time and time again. the Northside's off limits. We stay out of Piltover's business." Vander responded, making it clear he was not happy. 

"Why? They've got plenty, while we're down here scraping together coins. When did you get so comfortable living in someone else's shadow?" Once Vi had said that last sentence, Vander flinched only a little bit but everyone else looked at the two shocked. "Everyone out." Vander said not braking eye contact with Vi. Everyone started making there way up the stair and through the door but before (Y/n) climbed the stair, he paused. "Vander, we're-." "Out (Y/n)." Vander cut the boy off and  he climbed up the stair with his head hanging low. He makes it up the steps and closes the door behind him.

there is a moment of silence until Vander breaks it. "Sit down." "I'm fine." Vi responded. "Sit. Down." Vander didn't take no for an answer. Vi sighs and takes a seat in the lazy chair, Vander sitting across from her on the coffee table. "those kids look up to you." Vander said, Vi leans back in her chair and rests her head in her hand. "Yeah, I know." "You know, but you don't know. When people look up to you, you don't get to be selfish." "I'm not-." "You say run, they run. You saw swim, they dive in. You say light a fire, they show up with oil." Vander said pointing in a random direction. "But what ever happens, it's on you." Vi sighs and looks down.

"Just like it's on me what happens to us down here. We make ourselves a problem for Piltover, and they will send the enforcers." He said. "So? Why answer to them? These are our streets. Someone should remind them of that." Vi said slightly angered. "You're not hearing me. That path? This?" He grabs Vi's bloody and bruised hand. "It's not gonna solve your problems. Just makes more of them." He said and lets go of her wrist. "We clear?" Vi didn't respond. 

Vander grabs a bottle full of alcohol and pulls the cork out with his teeth, making a popping sound and spits it on the ground. He then grabs a piece of cloth and gets a corner of it wet with alcohol. Vander puts the corner of the cloth on Vi's cut on her forehead, she flinches at the sting. "how'd you get this?" Vander asked still trying to clean a bit of Vi's wounds. She scoffed at the question. "Some idiot was following us." She responded, Vander was curious. "On our side? Who?" "I don't know. He was after the stuff." 

After a few more questions, Vander came to the conclusion that it's good that the stuff was gone so it wouldn't lead back to the group of kids. "We're gonna be fine, right?" Vi asked Vander. "I'll take care of it." He gets up from the coffee table and grabs a bag as he walked over to a shelf, He seemed to have grabbed a cup and put it in the bag and a couple of more things before asking Vi a question. "Oh, you did put that idiot on his ass, though, right?" Vi chuckles at the question. "You should have seen (Y/n) though, he wacked another idiot off of Mylo with a metal pipe." "Atta boy." Vander said before throwing the bag over his shoulder and walking up the stairs to the door.

The twins were hanging outback of the Last Drop, Powder was reaching her arm down a big pipe trying to look for random scrap while (Y/n) was sitting on another pipe, a little high off the ground so he was swinging his feet back and forth. Powder was humming a tone but was interrupted by her brother. "You're gonna do it, someday. You know that?" Powder looked at him with a bit of confusion on her face. "I mean your creations, like Mouser. I believe in you, Powder." Powder then gives (Y/n) a smile and and he returned that smile. "Thanks, (Y/n). I really appreciate that." She said to him, (Y/n) simply nodded and look towards the ground while Powder went back to searching through the pipe. 

The back door opens to reveal Vander and Claggor. "All right, give me the details of exactly what happened up there." Vander asked Claggor but before the kid could respond Vander notices the twins but he only needed one. "(Y/n). You're coming too." The twin boy only groans but complied and followed the other two to Benzo's shop.