What Happened?

Zaun. The underground city has changed and so has the people. Vehicles driving around the city, neon light's everywhere. People smoking, walking around the city, some in rich warm clothing and others in ragged old ripped clothes.

Sevika walks through the street, until she walks into an opening. A bright building in front of her, blasting music from inside. The Last Drop. The building looks different from before but still has it's original name plastered above the door.

The outer design isn't the only thing that's different about it. Two Bouncers hang outside the building door, making sure certain people aren't allowed in. Sevika walks past the two and enters the what used to be a bar is now a club for people to party at.

The interior is completely remodeled. The ceiling is raised a bit but neon lights hang down into the crowd of people who dance to the loud music or sit at a table getting high. A place where people had civility and respect for each other is now a place for them to get high and start drunken fights with each other.

Before walking up the stairs from the side of the right side of the bar, she takes a bottle from a man who was sitting on the stairs.

Walking into the new part of the building, she takes a seat in Silco's office and rips the cork out of the bottle and spits it out. "She fired on us." Sevika said before taking a swig from the bottle. Silco sitting in his chair with his back facing her, he flips through the pages on his clipboard.

"There are always mishaps in battle. The Firelights were her target and most are dead." Sevika whips the drink from her lips. "It wasn't a mishap, she froze up and lost her shit. I could've handled those brats. She's a problem and we all know it." "We?" Silco asked immediately. He looks back at Sevika. "Who's we." He asked again.

Sevika doesn't make eye contact, knowing she screwed up. "I expect better from you than excuses. It was your job to make sure things went smoothly. You failed. Don't disappoint me again." He turns his back to Sevika.

Anger growing in her before she gets up and storms out of the room.

Silco sighs in defeat. He throws the clipboard on his desk. "The world's growing smaller every day, thanks to the Hexgates." He reaches for his syringe for his eye. "And now, we're cut off. The topsiders are leaving us further and further behind." He puts the syringe together, making a hissing sound. "What happened." He asked.

Jinx lays on her back, her long hair hanging down, high above the room. "She already told you." Silco flicks the syringe. "I'm asking you." He said looking up. A thud could be heard behind him on his desk, paper falling to the floor. Jinx hugs her legs, resting her head on her knees on his desk.

One of those Firelight wackos was a girl." She pauses. "With pink hair." "Hmm..." Silco hummed. He turns around and hands the syringe to Jinx. Willfully taking the syringe, Jinx scoots over to be closer to Silco. Silco leaning his head back, Jinx gently puts a hand on the right side of his neck. "Your siblings are gone." Jinx has a face of slight sadness. "You know that as much as I do."

Jinx shakes her head slightly. "I know. I know. Siblings, right? You can't live with 'em , can't stuff 'em back into the ol' babymaker." She giggles. after more talk about her siblings, she starts to blow into the syringe, making it whistle a low tone.

"Today's screw-up will set us back weeks." Silco said. Jinx stopped blowing in the syringe and leans on Silco. "I'm sorry." She said. Jinx then starts to pretend the syringe is a plane, flying it around. "I need to know that I can rely on you." Silco said.

Still flying the item, making gun noises. Silco then grabs her wrist, getting Jinx's attention. "I'm doing this for us, Jinx. All of us. The sons and daughters of Zaun deserve more than their runoff." Jinx yanks her wrist away from his grip. "It won't happen again." She said.

Jinx readies the syringe over Silco's eye. "I know." He said. After slight repositioning, Jinx pulls the trigger, shooting the needle in his eye for a split second, injecting a little bit of shimmer. In pain, Silco leans forward and then back in his chair, hard to breathe through the pain.

Jinx goes back to hugging her legs as the pain subsides for Silco, whipping the shimmer that dripped down his cheek. "Sevika will clean up today's mess." "Sevika? That ogre couldn't clean a dust bunny with a blowtorch." Jinx said surprised. Silco brushes his hair back. "She'll suffice. You should focus on your gadgetry."

Jinx groans and lays back on the desk. Silco looks over at her. "Take some time." He said. Jinx stammers. "I don't need time." Silco paused. "Take it anyhow." He said turning his back on her.

Upset, Jinx gets up and walks out the door.

Silco sighs, knowing something that Jinx doesn't. A someone, alive.