The Rescue Mission

"Well, if the Enforcers hit tonight, we'll be ready..." Mylo said resting both his hands on his hips. "I think." Both Mylo and Claggor stand over the coffee table in the hangout room all the weapons they could find, including Vander's metal gloves. "Dibs on the bat." Claggor said. "No, no, no, no. I found it." Mylo said rejecting the dibs. "But I called it." "But I found it." "Respect the dibs."

The two boys continue to argue while Powder is seen laying on top part of the bunk, that being (Y/n) bed, sadly looking at the bunny Vi gave her earlier. The door to the room opens and Powder looks to see who it was, she lifts her head once she realizes who that person is. 

"Vi?" Claggor said as Vi comes down the steps in a hurry. "Where's the-" "Oh, you're back." Powder cut Vi off with a strong hug, she looks up at her sister to see the saddened look on Vi's face, the smile leaving Powder's face. Powder then look's around hoping to see someone. "Where's (Y/n)?" She asked. Vi's breath heavies and she almost breaks at the memory of that horrible moment.

Tears start to show in Vi's eyes and she starts to sniffle as she makes her way to the table. She reaches for the gloves before her wrist is grabbed by Mylo, stopping her. "Hey. Those are Vander's. Slow down. What's going on?" Mylo asked as he had let go of Vi's wrist. She takes in a shaky breath before answering. She drops her shoulders. "Benzo's dead." "Dead?" Claggor asked shocked.

"They took (Y/n) and Vander." Vi said. Powder is taken aback by this information, every single emotion playing in Powder's mind. "Who took them?" Mylo asked. "I don't know. But I need to help them." "We're going with you." Mylo said with sympathy in his voices. Vi starts to break again. "Whatever killed Benzo... was nothing I've ever seen." Powder looks down at her sisters fist, watching it clench up in rage.

"It tore him apart." Vi starts to sob. Claggor puts a hand on her back. "You're not doing this alone, Vi." He said. Mylo does the same. "They're our family too." Mylo said. Powder goes over to her bed and starts filling up her suit case with her things, getting ready to save her brother and father.

"Do we know where they took them?" Mylo asked. Vi grabs a bag and fills it up with the gloves and a few other things. "Ekko followed them. The old cannery next to the docks. He said..." Vi stops in her tracks, looking at Powder, ready to rescue them. Vi sighs heavily. "I need you to sit this one out, Powder." The determination is quickly replaced with a mixture of betrayal and disappointment on Powder's face. "What?" She asked.

Vi walked over to her sister. "You're not coming." "I'm not afraid." Powder argued back. "It's too dangerous." "But family sticks together. You said it yourself." Powder said with a hint of sadness in her voice. "I know what I said..." I want to fight. I can help. He's my brother too." "You're not ready." Vi said. Powder holds her breath and then exhales sharply, water starting to form in her eyes.

After a small pause of silence, Vi continues. "You're all I have left. I can't lose you." Vi rests a hand on Powder's cheek, Powder pushing her head into the hand. Tears stream down her face. "Here. If they come for you, take this and run." Vi said while handing her sister a flare. "Where ever you are, light it up, and I'll find you. I promise." Vi then grabs the back of Powders head and make their foreheads meet. 

The two boys have already made it up the stairs, standing at the door way waiting for Vi. She turns her back on Powder and walks up the stairs but before walking out the door, she turns and looks at her sister one last time before leaving and closing the door behind her. 

Leaving Powder standing in the room, alone.

Moments later, Powder cries with her arms rapped around her legs and tears and snot run down her face, the anger and sadness finally coming out. Whipping her cheeks, drool drips from her chin as she holds her wind up toy monkey. She wails in her cries as she tries to rip the head off of the monkey, almost ripping it off, she throws and it bounces off the corner of a shelf, ripping the head off all the way and causing the monkey to start clapping its cymbals.