32

Chloe POV:

We came back from the private Island this morning. Shawn was the one who escorted me back to the mansion. When I arrived I went to the kitchen and was greeted by the worried face of Jess and the tears stricken face of Eli.

It worried me to no end seeing them in this condition. They haven't noticed me yet. I neared them and asked.

"What happened? Why are you crying?"

They both looked at me, Jess became more worried and Eli started crying more. They both were not saying a single word. I started to feel uneasy by now.

"Tell me what happened?" I asked panicked.

Jess came towards me, held my arms and said. "N-Nothing. You might be tired you should take rest."

"What are you hiding? Tell me?" I asked.

Eli spoke up while crying.

"Ethan got shot." She sobbed.

I felt like someone has thrown me in an ice-cold water. My vision started to get blurry. I stumbled back a little only to be held by Jess immediately.

"He's in the Hospital. Nobody is telling us anything."

She cried more. (He should have to be fine.) I held Eli's hand and hugged her, while saying soothing words.

"He'll be fine. Don't worry." I spoke.

I started walking towards the guest room with Eli. I made her lay on the bed and covered her with blanket. I stayed there with her until she slept after crying.

I made my way towards the kitchen and told Jess that Eli slept. She also went in the same guest room in which Eli slept. After, thanking me.

Now I know why Andrew was worried in the morning. I can't just stay here. I made my way towards the entrance door. I opened it only to come face to face with Andrew. We were close, so I moved a step back to which he came inside.

I told him the first thing that came in my mind.

"I want to see Ethan." I spoke.

His gaze met mine and he spoke.

"I can't take you. But rest assured he's fine." He spoke.

"Please, I want to meet him." I insist.

He heaved a sigh while brushing his fingers in his thick locks. And said.

"Come, I'll show you something." He spoke.

He held my hand and started walking to which I just followed him silently. We came to his room, and he made me sit on the couch.

He called someone on his phone and talked, after a while he handed me his phone and I looked at him blankly, the beeping of phone drew my attention. I saw the caller id and it was Ethan, it was the video call. I looked at Andrew and then back at the phone.

"Pick up." He ordered.

I obliged by pressing the green button. The screen lit up showing me a smiling Ethan from the other side. A smile appeared on my face. I looked at Andrew and motioned him to leave. He just stared at me bewildered (As if I've asked for his kidneys.)

"Talk in front of me." He spoke.

He never trusted me. (Why would he trust me now.) I ignored my sad feelings and turned my face away from him. And put my all focus on Ethan. He had a bandage around his shoulder and is looking fine.

"How are you feeling?" I asked.

"Ecstatic." He said cheerfully. I almost believed him. When, I felt Andrew beside me chuckling.

"Huh!" I was confused.

"Isn't it obvious that I'm in pain. I bloody got shot here." He said in exasperation. While, pointing towards his shoulder.

"I-I'm sorry. Is it hurting so much?" I asked softly.

Andrew beside me scoffed (What's with him.).

"Hey I'm fine. Don't worry." He spoke softly.

I nodded in understanding, when thought of Eli came in my mind. He must talk to her. She was so worried. As I was about to speak, but Ethan beat me in it.

"Andrew can you leave. I want to talk to her alone." I told him.

(How does he knew Andrew was sitting beside me.)

"Why?" He asked.

"Please just ten minutes." I insisted.

( Andrew POV: Why the hell he sounds desperate to talk alone with my wife.)

Andrew cursed and went to the restroom. I was so tensed about what Andrew might be thinking. When, Ethan interrupted.

"Chloe, I want to talk to Eli." Ethan spoke.

I nodded my head in anticipation and went ,where Eli is sleeping. But to my astonishment she was wide awake, standing and looking out of the window. I touched her shoulder to which she turned around. Her eyes which were dull right now, lit up when she saw Ethan. She started crying. I can feel that her tears were of joy. I gave her the phone and left her room, so they can talk in private.

After about five to seven minutes she came out smiling and blushing. She gave me the phone and hugged me like no tomorrow. I returned the hug.

"He will be discharged from Hospital tomorrow." Ethan told.

"That's great."

With that she went towards the kitchen in all new energy and happiness while smiling and I came back to his room. To give his phone back.

I didn't saw him anywhere, means he's still in restroom, I put his phone on the bed and left his room. I made my way into my room, I changed my clothes into pajamas and decided to take a nap because I'm feeling exhausted.

I woke up in the evening that to because of the heavyweight on my chest. I tried to move but it was too heavy. I slowly opened my eyes and looked down to saw black hair. My eyes widened when I realized Andrew was sleeping on me. His half of the weight was on me. But it was bearable. His face was on my chest. One arm around my waist holding me tightly.

I felt the urge to indulge my fingers in his smooth hairs. I felt his breathing on my chest was slow which means he's fast asleep. So I slowly combed his hair with my fingers. They were so soft, and they felt good in my hands. I kept moving my fingers. And soon again sleep consumes me.