52

She was taken off guard when she was engulfed in a bone-crushing hug. She stumbled a bit but stood there immobile. When she realized that it was Andrew. His cologne filled her senses.

He was hugging her like his life depends on it. He moved a bit back and cupped her face while looking at it. Her eyes were wide and lips were parted. He kissed her forehead as she stood motionless.

She saw his eyes, which were filled with concern, worry, care and relief but there was not a single ounce of anger in them.

In all this scenario she didn't realize that she wasn't breathing and it didn't go unnoticed by Andrew.

"Hey! Breath love! Breath it's okay."

He said all this cupping her face. Before she could proceed what he said. She saw black dots appearing in her vision, she felt light-headed. She could hear Andrew yelling something but she blacked out.

She woke up while hissing and tried to open her eyes, which was hard for her because of the severe headache, she realized that she was laying on a soft mattress, probably her bed. She felt commotion in her room, and got startled when she felt something, more likely to be someone touching her wrist. Her eyes shot opened in alert.

There was doctor Jennifer sitting beside her and examining her condition, and Jess was sitting on the chair on the other side of the bed. Ethan was standing near the door whereas Andrew was standing beside the doctor looking at Chloe with calculating eyes. She looked away immediately. The awkward silence was broken when doctor Jennifer spoke up.

"Chloe are you feeling dizzy or nauseating these days?"

Chloe nodded slightly with a parched throat. Doctor Jennifer took in a sharp breath. She opened her mouth to speak again but closed it immediately. Out of now where Jess spoke up, startling everyone.

"Chloe when was the last time you had your monthly?"

Chloe's eyes widened on her sudden personal question. She felt embarrassed in front of Andrew and Ethan.

"Yes Chloe please write down. When was the last time?" Doctor Jennifer asked in complete professionalism. Chloe tried to remember.

"I didn't have it last month."

Jess gasped loudly after reading that. Making Andrew confused and Chloe gulp nervously. She gave a confusing look to Jess as in what's wrong?

"You're pregnant!" Jess stated.

Everyone's eyes widened in shock. Chloe felt her mouth went dry and her breathing became sparse. Now she realized her body changes and mood swings. She kept ignoring it. But now she was feeling numb, she didn't know if she should be happy or sad.

Doctor Jennifer spoke up. "I would like to perform some tests on you to confirm the pregnancy."

She than looked at Andrew and said. "Bring her to the hospital tomorrow."

Andrew left the room, with an emotionless face.

His facial expressions were enough to tell her what she dreaded the most. What if he didn't want the child. Instinctively she put her hand on her stomach.

She always loved kids. But she never wanted to have a child through these circumstances.

A child conceived from rape!

She always wanted a simple and a happy life, with someone who'll love her to infinity, who'll care for her, respect her, adore her. How beautiful it would be to watch a peaceful sunset with the love of her life. Having a small bundle of joy in her arms.

That was the life she always wanted But nothing goes as planed. Now looking at her own reflection, she was unable to recognize herself. Dull eyes, pale skin, broken dreams.
She heaved a sigh.

Yesterday the doctor confirmed that she was three weeks pregnant almost a month.

Looking out of the window, she saw sun rays were slightly fading. The sun was about to set and it was beautiful sight to see. Calming and so serene. But how can be an ending of something could be this beautiful.

She wasn't sad anymore instead was happy because now she knew what James meant. You know there comes a time when you'll feel like everything is finished but dear Belle that will lead you to the start of new beginning.

Maybe this child is the new beginning for her. Maybe she could just left everything behind and try to start as new. She knew it won't be easy to accept a child which is the result of that uneventful night but this is her child.

She caressed her belly lovingly. Now she didn't care about the circumstances that lead her here. She was happy that she was having a child. There is no bigger gift then having a life growing inside you.

She felt giddy and smiled in contentment. But it was shortly lived as she recalled the stoic expression of Andrew from the hospital when they got to knew that results were positive, and she was pregnant.

She didn't know what's going inside his head. But it was evident that he was changing, he's taking care of her and is keeping a good distance from her. She can't be more thankful. But it wasn't enough, these stuff can't erase those memories.

The thing that was haunting her was his calmness, like the calmness before the storm.

She got startled when Jess patted her head.

"I've brought you milk, honey."

Chloe made an annoyed face. She hates milk.

"Don't give me that look. It's good for you both."

Jess said with a stern look. Chloe like her this side all caring and loving. She pinched her nostrils close with her fingers and drink all the milk in one go. While, making weird faces. Jess laughed at her tactics and left the room.

Jess was more than happy to know about Chloe's pregnancy. She was the one who made her realized how big of a gift it is.

Even though Chloe wasn't accepting this at first, but she never even gave a second thought to abortion.

After a warm and relaxing shower, she came out of the restroom only to stop dead in her tracks. Andrew was sitting on the bed with his elbows on his knees with his head in his hands facing the floor.

When he heard the sound of the door being opened he slowly looked up. But was unable to look away from the beauty in front of him. She was wearing a large shirt with trousers, her wet hairs were dripping making her look more beautiful. He smiled at her and patted the seat next to him.

She looked at him and then next to him, where he was pointing. She hesitated a bit but made her move and set beside him with a good distance.

Now was the time, she won't let him harm her child. If he'll ask her to abort the child she would kill him with her own bear hands. She knew he was going to say something evil.

But he proved her wrong!