44

The night was carrying a certain silence in its presence. Even the moon was hidden behind the darkest of the clouds. And in this dark deep silencing night she was trying to search herself.

Numb was the only thing she felt. Deprived of any feelings.

The only thing going inside her mind in a continuous cycle, was the question to which she wasn't getting any reasonable answer.

Why me?

Why all these things happened to her, what was her fault. What did she ever do to deserve such cruelty. Why her. Why her life was destroyed, why she couldn't see any hope for herself. Why she wasn't able to save herself.

Why?

The answer she'll get from her conscience will always be the same. It was written in her stars. It was in her fate. It was meant to be, so it happened. What can she do against it, she can't fight it neither she can stop it. So what can she do?

Accept it!

Never! She will never accept such cruelness, such torture and hatred. She won't accept it. She wanted to think of all this as a reasonable person.

What is the cause of her misery? It was pretty obvious that it was non other than Andrew Williams.

Her husband, whom she was finally accepting or even already accepted. Instead of him kidnapping her, torturing her, abusing her, branding her. She was still so forgiving. She was ready to gave him a chance. She accepted him. When, everything was slowly falling into it's place. Then why he did this to her. Why taking her last hope away from her. But now what was left?

Nothing!

Every one has a limit of endurance after that the person reached to their breaking point. And for her, she was already broken.

What was left for her? Nothing! She is a completely broken person now.

Now she didn't have anything to lose. He had taken everything from her. Her family, her freedom, her virginity, her voice. Nothing is left, he succeeded in making her, his property.

A thing!

Just a mere thing, a toy the only difference is that this toy can breathe. This toy had feelings once, but now it's numb from all emotions.

Life?

What is the meaning of life? She heard it once from her mother when she asked her. The answer she got from her mother is still crystal clear in her memories. Her mother told her.

"The meaning of life is simple to give your life a meaning."

Now when she ponders on this thought, what is the meaning of her life now? The answer she got was blank. Did that means her life didn't have any meaning now?

Then what's the point of living?

What was left for her in this life? Nothing! Now she is a mere prisoner of her own life.

She was always the bird of freedom, she hated the concept of caging the beautiful birds. But now she is on the place of those birds, caged.

What can she do now? There's no meaning of her life, internally she is already dead, then why not get freedom physically as well.

She wasn't thinking straight and was completely depressed. She wasn't in her right state of mind. And in this situation all the rational thoughts were at it's peak in her mind.

With determination in her eyes she left her room. Everyone was asleep as it was three in the morning. With slow and steady steps she went into the kitchen. Her eyes landed on the object she was searching for.

The sharp blade of the knife was shining, stainless. She was feeling happy.

Finally, she thought she'll be free from all the worries.

With shivering hands she picked up the sharp object and stared at it for the longest of the time. A soft voice from in her mind spoke. Not to do this. This isn't the way out. She is stronger than this. But she dismissed those thoughts as fast as it came.

She held the knife towards her wrist and all the memories flashed in front of her eyes like a storm.

The smiling faces of her parents, her happy days of freedom. The days she spent in this prison, happy, sad moments all of it flashed in front of her closed eyes.

Finally, she's going to end this misery. Her eyes were close. Tears were flowing out of her eyes while there was a beautifully peaceful smile on her face.

With the sharp intake of breath in one Swift movement she swung the blade.

But!

She didn't felt anything, why? Is she too numb to even feel this pain. No! Then...why she wasn't feeling any pain.

She slowly opened her eyes and what she saw made her breathing slow and heart to beat in an erratic pace.

Her wrist was in a tight grip. And the hand that was holding her wrist was all bloody. She knew all too well, to whom this hand belongs to. Because these were the same hands who held her. She knew this presence all too well.

She started to hyperventilate. Her mind wasn't registering it as reality. It was all her imagination ,she was slowly moving her lips as if murmuring to herself that this wasn't real. But not a single voice is coming out of her mouth. She can feel herself getting a panic attack.

She tried to free herself from the grip but it got tighter, with a small hiss she looked up and stopped moving dead, her struggling came to seize.

There stood in front of her, was her husband Andrew. Her eyes widened and the fear was evident in her posture when she realized that, this wasn't any imagination it was real.

The look on his face was enough to make her panic attack worse. Sweat beads formed on her temple and suddenly she can't breathe. She tried to inhale the oxygen but it was of no use. She tried to breath but nothing.

She wanted to run away from him. This monster, all the sins which he did to her flashed in front of her eyes. She was scared out of her wits thinking about the possibilities through which he could hurt her. Because of this stunt of hers.

Due to less intake of oxygen her vision became cloudy and mind stopped working. She was about to faint. But....