the 'wingman' - h. kazutora

"hey y/n , i heard you needed a job to pay for your rent and school fees." chifuyu asked me. "yeah , i'm still looking for one." i said in disappointment. i finally had some free time to spend with him after a long time so i was eating lunch with him.

chifuyu was my best friend since middle school and i always had a crush on him but up till now i still didn't have the guts to confess about my feelings.

"you know you can work in my pet shop if you don't mind!" he smiled. god , he looked so cute. how i wished he was mine. "wait really? but i'm scared that i would be a burden to you since i'm not really good at taking care of pets.."

he assured me saying i would be fine so i agreed to his offer and i will start working the day after tomorrow.

it was my first day at work and i stepped in the pet shop that i was assigned to and the first thing that caught my eye was chifuyu. he looked so beautiful playing with the cats, and that alone just made me grin.

"oh y/n , you're here!" chifuyu placed the cats back and came running to hug me. i froze and was having butterflies in my stomach but hugged him back afterwards.

"who's that?" i heard a voice coming from the back door. i broke the hug and looked at him. he had long hair that was tied in a bun with two yellow strands of hair in front. he looked so feminine.

chifuyu turned back and saw him "kazu , she's the one i was talking about!" he went and grab the guy's hand , pulling him in front of me.

"meet y/n l/n , she's my best friend since we're young." hearing what he said made my heart shattered but nonetheless , i still greeted the guy with a smile.

"oh i'm kazutora hanemiya , you can just call me kazutora or kazu. i'm fine with both." he stated coldly and headed back to work. i was quite taken aback by his actions , it was unexpected coming from a guy like him.

"don't worry y/n , he's like this whenever it comes to new people. you will see the better side of him once he's comfortable." chifuyu patted my back and then gave me instructions on what i had to do for today's shift.

"since it's your first day working today , i will go easy on you." he joked. "you can just help me to check the documents with kazutora , if you need any help just call me i will be right here!" chifuyu said and guided me to a room.

i went in the room and saw kazutora doing his work. he had really nice features and looked ethereal. i didn't realise i was staring at him until he looked up to me and made eye contact. "what are you staring at? don't just stand there and do nothing." he remarked. after hearing that , i snapped back into reality and immediately went to help him.

we were busy with what we were doing when he suddenly asked "do you like chifuyu?". well that was so straightforward , kazutora. we literally just met.

"what? no!" i replied while my face was clearly heating up.

"it's so obvious that you have feelings for him , don't deny it y/n."

"fine , promise me not to tell him anything about this?" he then nodded.

"yes , i do like him. actually i like him a lot. i just can't get rid of the feelings i have for him romantically and i don't want to take the risk to ruin our friendship." i sighed.

"i can be your wingman." kazutora added on.

i'm actually getting along quite well with kazutora. i got close to him after a few weeks. he's really helpful and caring. however , there are times when he just likes to tease and make fun of me because of chifuyu. it always makes me feel so embarrassed. there was once when he almost accidentally exposed how i felt towards chifuyu but luckily i was quick enough to cover it up.