ferris wheel - s. manjiro

"please!" my best friend , emma , begged as she tried to show me the pictures from her phone. she wanted me to go to the newly opened carnival with her when she could just tell her egg-head boyfriend to go instead.

"you already know i don't like going to carnivals. go there with draken." i replied , trying to seem uninterested while still scrolling through instagram despite her shoving the phone right into my face.

"but i want you to go there with us too!"

"please. please. please." she continued.

"alright. fine. just this once." i gave in as she brought me into a hug happily.

"i knew you were going to give in soon. hehe. by the way , mikey is also coming with us. we can't leave him out yeah?"

"i'm fine with anything as long as you're happy." i said rolling my eyes.

"you're the best y/n!"

after i reached home , i went to my wardrobe and searched for the most comfortable clothes i could wear because i knew it was going to be a long night.

i decided to take out my favourite black hoodie and my favourite pair of shorts. i got ready and also decided to put on some light makeup.

as soon as i heard my doorbell rang , i immediately ran down the stairs and opened my front door. i saw emma in a cute floral dress with heels.

"looking good for dora-ken huh." i teased her playfully and she laughed it off. i quickly wore my sneakers as i went out and locked the door.

"so who's driving today?" i asked looking emma up and down as a awkward silence occured between us.

"i guess it will be me then." we walked towards the car and went in so i could start driving.

"so how are you and ken doing?" i smirked as i looked over towards her to see her reaction.

"we are doing great but i heard that mikey is kinda lonely nowadays because i had been stealing draken away from him."

"i pity mikey. i wished that he had a girlfriend. it will be good if there's someone willing to put the flag for him on his meals instead of draken." she looked at me directly as if she was trying to say something.

"oh really? i see. well that's sad." i brushed it off as i turned my head back to the road as i continued driving , still not getting why emma looked at me when she was talking about mikey.

we finally arrived at the carnival as we saw draken and mikey out in the distance. we walked towards them and i realised that draken was holding a enormous teddy bear while mikey was holding a normal sized one.

draken was standing there awkwardly but mikey waved his hand excitedly when he saw us. that made me chuckle a little.

"both of you are finally here!" mikey exclaimed and handed me the teddy bear.

"i won this for you. sorry i couldn't get the big one like ken-chin did." he scratched his head sheepishly. i turned to face emma and i saw her hugging the teddy bear as if it was her last. the teddy bear was definitely bigger than her. that's for sure.