confession - k. izana

"i like you." i said to myself in front of the mirror. i was trying to practice confessing to my childhood friend and brother's best friend who was izana.

"no , no it's too straightforward." i thought.

"izana , do you know you're the sun because you light up my life."

"nah too cringey , okay what's next." i cringed at myself , taking a good look at my notes.

"what are you doing?" my door creaked open and i heard my brother's voice. i shouted , "kakucho! get out!". i rolled my eyes and was going to continue my session with my mirror.

"need help confessing to izana?" he asked smirking.

"what? no i don't even like him!" i turned around out of embarrassment.

"stop lying or else i will tell him for you myself." he said with a evil laughter.

"fine! how did you know i had a crush on him?"

"it's so obvious that you like him. the way you look at him gives it away and i even heard you talking to yourself so i thought i would check on you but i saw what you did just now." kakucho bursted out laughing.

"stop it , you're embarrassing me. i thought you said you wanted to help?" i said trying to change the subject.

"you're my little sister and he's my best friend. of course i will."

oh did i mention? me , my brother and izana is in the same school.

i have a big fat crush on izana. he doesn't mind me being clingy towards him because we sort of grew up together. he's very gentle around me and makes sure that i don't get hurt in all kinds of ways.

"izana!" i ran over and hugged him. it was a month since i last saw him because of the school holidays and i was planning to confess , so that i could get it done and over with.

my brother helped me the day before and practiced it together with me while he acted as if he was izana. it was really entertaining.

he hugged me back , "i missed you princess.".

'princess' a nickname he would call me since we were little kids and it made me feel so important. whenever he calls me that , my face gets flushed and i feel like exploding.

"did you miss me?" izana broke the hug and gazed at me. i nodded repeatedly and grinned from ear to ear.  yes , i'm definitely going to tell him about my feelings right after school today. maybe when we're on our way back home. or so i thought.

the three of us would go back home together everyday so i told kakucho to leave earlier today so that i could have some alone time with izana.

'ring , ring!' my school bell rang. it was dismissal time. the time has finally come. i was feeling really nervous. what if he doesn't feel the same way? what if he already has a girlfriend but i didn't know?

negative thoughts started to fill my head as i was walking to the hallway. i shook my head and convinced myself to stay positive.

however , my worst nightmare came true. i saw izana hugging someone. it was a girl. she had long sandy blonde hair and she looked really pretty. my eyes became blurry as sad tears started brimming.

i ran away and rubbed the tears off my eyes. my plan failed.

izana's pov:
"you're here!" i said as i locked her in for a hug.

"y/n should be here soon. i'll introduce you to her. she's really cute , just saying." i admitted as i looked away with my face heating up.

we waited for about ten minutes and y/n was still not here. i texted her but she didn't reply me so i decided to call kakucho and ask if she was already home.

"yeah she is. earlier on she ran straight to her room and slammed the door. did something happen?"

"no? oh well maybe it's just one of her mood swings. i will talk to her tomorrow."

"oh and i have something to inform you about." kakucho sighed.

y/n's pov:
i had been avoiding izana for days. everytime he came up to me , i would say that i'm busy and leave him there standing , feeling confused.

i was walking my science class when i heard his voice again. i couldn't help but stop in my steps.

"y/n!" he said running as he was catching up to me. i ignored him and then continued walking. izana got fed up and pushed me against a wall , pinning me so i couldn't go anywhere. his hands were on mine.

"why are you ignoring me? you're not being yourself. did i do something that made you mad?" he said looking right in my eyes.

"let me go. it will be bad if your girlfriend sees this." i reluctantly said , clearly avoiding his intense glare.

"what girlfriend?" he loosened his grip as he tilted his head , looking straight at me with curiosity.

"that girl you were hugging. aren't you guys together?"

i could tell he wasn't lying. maybe i was just overthinking and assuming things.

"oh you're talking about emma?"

"who's emma?"

"she's my adoptive sister when we were little and we got separated before i met you. she recently joined our school and i was going to introduce her to you that day but you left." my eyes widened. i was so wrong.

"you also had been avoiding me real bad so i didn't have the chance to clear things up for you." he continued.

i don't know why i felt a huge relief. i was speechless.

"was my little princess jealous?"

"you do know i like you too." izana carried on.

"wait what?" i was stunned. how did he know?

"kakucho told me everything that day. i wanted to tell you that i felt the same but i didn't get a chance to."

"that bastard-" i was interrupted by izana as he reached in for a kiss.

"achoo!" kakucho sneezed loudly.

"oh no. am i sick?" "or did someone just scolded me?" he said rubbing his nose. "nevermind , it's probably nothing." kakucho continued his movie as he brushed it off.

author's note:
i'm trying to upload a new part everyday if possible so i'm really sorry if the oneshot is too short and fast paced. i have been working on a new tokyo revengers story that's going to come out soon!