highschool sweethearts - s. manjiro

i will never fall in love again until i found her.
i said, "i will never fall again unless it's you i fall into."

"why the fuck is this stupid song on the radio, sanzu?" mikey shouted angrily across the room at the clearly high and dancing man.

"i'm sorry. i didn't-" sanzu immediately woke up to his senses as soon as he heard scolding coming from his boss.

"this is my 13th reason. move your ass out of this room right now."

the pink haired looked down and left quietly. he thought it would be better this way, leaving mikey alone to deal with his terrible mood swings.

mikey relaxed his face from the tension before and scratched his head in frustration, leaving his silvery white hair in a total mess.

"that clown pisses me off so much and he's slowly making me lose my god damn patience. what's up with him, bonten's number two?"

mikey let out a huge sigh and took a peek at the radio from earlier on, recalling the song lyrics that was previously played.

his eyes went soft when he remembered his past memories with her.

"i miss you, y/n."

"what's wrong my little pumpkin? you don't seem like usual self today." i questioned the long blond hair that was avoiding my eye contact.

he wasn't being himself today and this was definitely not normal for someone like mikey.

"nothing." was all that came out from his lips.

i curiously moved my face closer to his so i could try to look at him better but i could feel his breathing getting heavier.

"you're too close, y/n." he finally snapped and left me taken aback by his actions.

"what happened, mikey? did i do anything for you to be mad at me? if there is, tell me. we'll solve the problem together."

"let's break up." he stated as cold as ice.

my heart sank.

"stop playing around. it's not funny at all."

"why would i play around? i'm dead serious. i'm already in love with someone else."

"what..? i thought we were doing well as a couple." the sight of mikey in front of me was starting to turn blur and i could feel my head turning.

"you heard me loud and clear. i found a girl that is better than you." his pupils dilated and there was an intense aura coming from him.

"but why.. mikey..? you said you loved me."

"no i don't y/n. it's all a lie. i just wanted to have my own fun." he said sternly and slightly chuckled to hide his true emotions.

"i can't believe you.." i mumbled in disbelief.

"go and have fun with kisaki."

upon hearing those disgusting words, i gave him a tight slap on his face as i felt really mad and utterly disappointed.

the slap left a red print implanted on his pale face. he didn't make an effort to turn his head back to the original position that it was in, and was trying to hold back his tears from falling.

"i don't want to see you ever again." was the last few words he had heard from his beloved.

"mikey, are you ready to-" draken stopped talking when he saw a rare sight that was in front of him.

sano manjiro being so quiet and calm for the first time.

he stood silently behind the teenager that was on the couch eating his taiyaki and scrolling through a gallery filled of pictures.

it was some cute and funny pictures of him and y/n having fun together.

"you miss her, don't you?" he crept up, suddenly asking.

it was pure silence. however, it was soon followed by mikey's soft sobbing.

he immediately got up and pulled draken in for a hug.

"i only wanted to protect her, ken-chin. i knew she would not be safe if she continues to be with me, but i hurt her and myself too. i didn't know it would be this bad." he cried and gripped on draken even tighter than before.

"you're such a crybaby." draken softly smiled and held mikey in his arms.

however, it was too late for mikey to turn back time and he had no choice but to cope with the pain that he himself caused.

y/n had suddenly transferred schools and no one knew where she went. it was like she disappeared out of the blue. it was true when she said that she didn't want to see him again.

mikey made his way to the balcony, feeling the night breeze that was making his white hair flow.

he admired the view that was currently right before his very eyes. he should had been proud of how far he had came but he wasn't satisfied at all. not even a tiny bit of satisfaction was felt.

all he wanted was you, y/n l/n. the only thing that made him happy was you. all the small things you do would make him smile no matter what.

just because of a small mistake he had made when he was younger, caused you to be gone and never found. it was never solved.

even though he was now the leader of japan's worst criminal organisation, he still couldn't find you. let alone see you one last time.

"feels good to be at the highest floor of a building."

he let his arms roam to feel the wind that was blowing.

"it would be even better if you were here with me."

"how i wish. living a perfect dream life with you and our kids. i was always picturing that, but we both know that's never happening."

"i hope you're living happily with someone that can keep you safe and treat you like the princess you are. don't worry about me though, i'll be doing fine."

"as usual." mikey forced a smile on his face as a tear streamed down his cheek.

he picked himself up the fence on the balcony and stood there with no support or whatsoever, hoping to feel your touch one more time.

"stay healthy and happy for me. you won't be able to hear this but know that i will love you forever." he closed his teary eyes and took a step forward.

nobody was there to stop him. not even his loyal mad dog. it was already too late for that.