destiny - m. chifuyu

"shit , i lost one half of my heart pendant. i must have dropped it somewhere." i worriedly said as i realised the other half was gone , trying to search for the necklace that i dropped. it's a very important pendant to me because my grandma gave it to me before she passed on. she took care of me since i was young and it will be downcast if i lost one of the halves. it's really precious to me. it's the last thing she left for me.

"i must have dropped it outside of the pet shop i was in. it was still here until then." i walked back to the previous pet shop i was in. it took me around eight minutes to reach there. i looked around the entrance of the door as i sighed. i couldn't find it. it was late. guess someone else took it. i better take good care of this other half.

chifuyu's pov:
i was closing my pet shop for the day. i stepped out of the entrance , trying to shut the door with my keys when i stepped on something. i lifted up my right leg as it revealed to be half of a heart pendant?

i bent down and picked it up. i decided put it in my pocket to take it home with me as i recalled a saying that i heard from my grandpa when i was still in elementary school.

"if you manage to find half a pendant somehow , you should keep it because it will lead you to your other half which is also your soulmate."

i reached home and the first thing i did was to plop down on my bed. it was a long tiring day huh. i suddenly remembered about the necklace so i quickly took it out and started to look at it in every possible angle.

"she's got great taste." i continued observing it. it actually looks really pretty. it would had been a waste if i left it on the ground just now.

i tried it on and it really matches my style. it also suits me a lot so might as well not take it out. i'm going to wear this everyday until i find her. and i will.

the next day:
i'm at our usual meeting place which is musashi shrine because mikey wanted to have a meeting with the whole of tokyo manji gang.

"everyone , dismissed!" mikey shouted as his voice echoed through the whole shrine. he was standing at the very top so he came down the stairs as he smiled cutely.

"let's go and get some food!"

"wait what's that necklace on your neck , chifuyu?"

"oh my god do you have a girlfriend?" he exclaimed childishly as everyone turned to look at me curiously.

"ah no , no. it's just that i found this other half outside my pet shop yesterday. i'm keeping it just in case." i replied quickly with redness tainting on my cheeks as i held the necklace out from my neck.

"oh i heard about a saying that if you find something like this , you will able to meet your other half too." draken added in as he tried to take a clearer look.

"so you know about it too?" i questioned him.

"guess we'll wait to see if it's true."

"yeah. make sure to introduce her to us when you actually meet her!" they started cheering and hyping me up. that made me a little flustered not gonna lie.

i swear to god. it's a miracle that baji isn't here today. if not i'm gonna get even more embarrassed because of him.

"i'm so excited for you even though i'm not the one!"