partner - k. baji (1)

"we're going to do pair work. go and find your partners now." my teacher shouted.

i turned to look at my best friend , senju. however , she was already paired up with someone else. guess she really forgot about me huh.

it's been long since i hanged out with senju. she always had been hanging out with the popular kids these days and pushed me to a side.

i turned away and started looking around for a available partner. i sighed as i saw everyone got themselves a partner. except for that quiet kid. baji keisuke.

i didn't mind getting to pair up with him so i got up from my seat and walked to his , sitting right next to him.

he had glasses on with his long black hair tied back. as far as i know , many in my class didn't want to get near him. i heard baji was a delinquent but he looks too nerdy to be one.

"so..let's do it at yours or mine?" i asked.

"sorry. what?" he replied with his face reddening to his ears.

"oh my bad. i meant the pair work. we gotta do something about it you know."

"right..how about my place?"

'well i fucked up. now she's going to think i'm weird.' baji thought as he was trying to adjust his glasses.

"alright. i will be there later in the evening."

as i looked at his desk , i saw him writing what it seems like to be a letter? to someone? he looked like he had a hard time writing. i was reading what the letter said. it was to kazutora? it's probably his friend or something.

"by the way , you wrote this character wrong." i decided to speak up when i spotted an incorrect one.

"let me show you how." i said as i held his hand , guiding him to write the correct one at the side of the paper.

little did y/n know that baji's heart was pounding faster. he actually had a crush on her since he met her. it was because she would still treat him nicely , despite knowing that everyone avoids him.

with thoughts going in and out of his head , he realised he felt her touch for the first time. keisuke was definitely going to take this chance to get to know her better.

i was getting ready to leave my house.

"mom! i'm going to my friend's house for some schoolwork. don't wait for me to come back for dinner!" i shouted across the house , trying to wear my shoes properly and then leaving the house.

i arrived at the given location and damn. i didn't expect his house to be this big. i rang the doorbell and waited patiently for someone to open the door.

there still wasn't any response so i decided to ring it a few more times.

suddenly , someone unlocked the door. he had his hair down with no glasses this time.

"ah sorry i was in the shower."

i figured he was probably his brother so i asked , "it's fine. is baji here?"

"i am baji. what do you mean?"

'oh what. he looks like a totally different person. i didn't know he was this hot.' i thought to myself as i panicked internally.

"you're not lying right?"

"of course i'm not. now come in." baji said as he let me in.

"do you want anything to drink? tea? coffee? water?"

"water is fine." i replied as i smiled softly , sitting down on the sofa in the living room.

"do you live alone?" i asked as i was looking around the house.

"yeah. i do."

"why do you wear glasses in school but not at home? you look different but in a good way."

"oh i was told by one of my friends , mikey , that wearing glasses would make me smarter since i can't remember anything from class no matter how hard i try. so we went to buy them but ended up in a fight with another gang instead. was some great memories."

"mikey huh? i heard of him before. you should introduce him to me sometime."

"no." baji replied unhesitatingly. he thought to himself 'mikey's too hot. what if he steals y/n from me? i'm gonna be doomed. i can't let what happened two years ago happened again.'

baji's flashback:
i had a female friend that i was interested in. she wanted to meet mikey because he seemed really cool for how i described him. they eventually met and at first sight , her jaw immediately dropped. she started nudging me while whispering , "quick. introduce me to this hottie!".

i was so shocked at what i heard , but i did what she asked.

"so wanna get some dorayaki and taiyaki?" a thrill went through mikey.

"yes!" she exclaimed excitedly as she sat behind mikey , holding his waist and leaning against his back.

hearing what she said , my heart shattered completely as a invisible tear rolled down my cheek , cursing mikey. 'it's all your fault. mikey. why must you be so good looking?'

they drove off without me and didn't even look back.. i just stood there confused as draken just patted my shoulder and said . "been there , done that. that's why i went for his sister."

draken then whipped out his phone to call mikey.

"mikey. did you forget something?"

mikey turned around and realised i wasn't following him , so he went back to our base and asked innocently , "so you guys coming?"

present:
when baji recalled what happened , chills went down his spine as he just stared into blank space.

"why?" i pouted.

"sometimes sharing isn't caring." he winked at me.

"now here's your water. let's start our work , shall we?" he added and passed me the glass of water.

i was surprised but decided not to ask any more questions as i nodded and took out my notes from my bag.

we were discussing about the pair work when it started pouring heavily. it was great that i had arrived earlier , if not i would had been caught in the rain. but it was also not so great that they might be thundering and storming soon.

i always had a fear of thunder since i was a little kid. especially if it was thunderous loud. i would get scared to the point where i would cry.

baji noticed that how petrified y/n was and realised that it might be something related to the current weather.

i covered my ears and closed my eyes , i didn't notice when baji went to get something.

he went to get a headphone with some soothing music on and helped me to wear it. i started to feel more relaxed and safe.

he sat beside me and wrapped his arm around my shoulder with his hand on my head , indicating that he wants me to lie on his shoulder so i could feel better.

baji's pov:
soon , she drifted off to sleep and i tried to turn a little to face her without waking her up.

"we'll do the work later. watching you sleep is less stressful."

"you're cute when you sleep." i whispered to myself , giving her a kiss on her head as i slowly drifted off to sleep too.

author's note:
do you guys want a part two of this? i have one in mind. even if no one replies , i'm still gonna do it 🥲🥲
i'm publishing part one of my second story tomorrow and it's going to be a rindou haitani one.
i hope you will like it