--annoyed

Dear Diary,

I never realized making friends could be so awkward. |

—-

—-

Narrator's POV:

A mockingbird laid upon the tree as Y/n and Hermione walked passed, it's eyes never losing sight of them. The bird chirped when the leaves rustle, flapping its little wings before soaring towards the bright blue sky. How the scenery above the girls held such elegance in a magical school.

The air caressed their skins as the two walked side-by-side, ones smile never loosing its sight. It seemed that as if nothing was wrong in the world, nothing bad was going to happen.

A happy life slowly forming that Y/n was going to live in.

Oh what a dream, what a dream.

"Say, where are your friends?" Y/n broke the peaceful silence upon them, moving her head to face the brown-haired girl.

Hermione softly hummed in acknowledgment, slowly turning her head to look at her newfound friend. Her eyes held a dreamy look when she stared at her friend.

She didn't realize it.

"Friends?" The girl questioned, before her eyes were slightly widening.

"Oh dear me! They're over there, sitting on the water-fountain."

Y/n's eyes moved towards where Hermione directed, slowly making eye contact with two people.

Her eyes seized, "My, isn't that.. Harry Potter?"

Y/n's eyes told no lie when a familiar brunette was sitting next to a red-head, their conversation looking important. She noticed the visible scar on his head that seemed to shine even more when the two walked closer. Her heart started to race when she looked at her friend, Hermione whom only looked ahead of her.

It's quite nerve-racking when I'm about to meet some new people, especially him. Y/N thought, slightly shivering to the abrupt chill in the air.

Hermione snapped her fingers with her pretty hand, catching the attention of the two wizards who immediately notice the girl besides Hermione.

"I suppose I told you guys about my friend I was going to introduce you to?" Her brown eyes scanned the boy's expressions, eyeing them unconsciously. Her eyes looked as she's calculating a formula inside of her brain.

The red-hair scrunched his eyebrows; "I never recall-"

Hermione interrupted him with clearing her throat, smiling towards the reader.

"This is y/n. Y/n, this is Ron.. and Harry-"

"I'm a fan." Y/n spoke without thinking, her words making the green-eyed boy look at her.

She didn't know why, but the words processed through her lips before she could stop it. It made her very much flustered when realization came to her.

"I mean, I'm a fan of your survival from the who sha'll not be named guy.." She stated, forcing a calm smile to show no nervousness.

Harry was self-aware that everyone knew him around the school since he was indeed the big talk when he first arrived to Hogwarts. He was used to the flustered people whom approached him. It was rather annoying honestly, since he barely remembers what happens since he was just a baby.

"Oh, thank you?" He thanked questionably, eyeing the girl with a weird gaze.

Ron stared at the two conversing with each other, wanting to know why he felt a sudden feeling in the pit of his stomach. It wasn't good.

"It's also nice to meet you, Ron."

Upon hearing his name, he merely flinched when he turned to look back at the girl who was holding an even brighter smile. Anybody would've guessed she was a positive, cheery young girl who had a full life ahead of her with the smile of hers.

"Oh, uhm.. yeah. The same goes to you." He slightly stuttered while lowering his eyes away from the girl.

Hermione looked at the two boys, than back at Y/n who was clueless. Her right eye twitched a little.

"Anyways.." Hermione started, getting the attention from all three. She placed her hand in Y/n's shoulder, her eyes lazily glancing at her.

"I was wondering if you had the same classes as us."

Y/n's expression turned deadpan, imaginary sweat seeping through her forehead.

They didn't know that I'm in three of their classes?

Y/n chuckled awkwardly, her laugh strained yet still had a sense of humor in it.

"Y-yeah, actually I'm in your potions, history of magic and 'DADA' classes.."

Silence came upon them, only the sound of the people talking filled their shallow ears.

Harry cleared his throat.

"Oh.. I'm sorry we've never seen you". Hermione finally stated, her expression filled with guilt.

It was true that it was embarrassing how they didn't recognize Y/n from any of the classes they share, though it almost humored Y/n once more when she saw their guilty expressions.

Her smile became even brighter when she looked at all three.

"It's quite alright."

—-

Y/n nearly skipped to her next class in a hurry. She didn't want to be late for potions. The class she's always early too.

But before she could walk further on, a shoulder bumped into hers rather harshly.

A small grunt came from the mysterious person, whipping their head to see Y/n.

"Watch where you going, yeah?" Draco practically spatted at her face. Y/n only rolled her eyes, attempting to ignore him.

"Ignoring me won't get you nowhere, L/n."

"I don't feel like talking to you." Her tone sharp as she turned around to glare at the blonde-boy.

Draco's mouth uplift into a snarky smirk, his arms crossed in an amusing way.

"Oh? So you do talk.. I suppose I would expect it. Every Hufflepuff fears me."

"Tsk, I don't fear you. I'm just annoyed at you." Her glare became menace the longer she stared at Draco. Though despite her anger, the boy, to her displeasure stayed amused.

"Watching you get mad is funny. It's like watching taking a lollipop from a kid."

Before y/n had time to fire back another insult, the bell rang. It became blurred out through y/n when her eyes widened in realization.

She's late. By the time she arrived, she will be scolded at.

She never got scolded at.

Y/n broke off into a sprint, passing Draco who stood in front of her. His head turned back to the running girl, almost wanting to laugh his head off.

It was a mission complete.

—-