--ron

Dear Diary,

LET.. ME... INNNN! TO YOUR HEART |

—-

Y/n sat alone in the library. For once, she enjoyed nobody accompanying her. The silence was a comfortable silence, with the air breezing past her hair. Her mind was filled with conflicts that she had to deal with over the days.

One of them included her brother. If she was smart, she would've looked everywhere for him, bombarding him with questions. Yet, it was like he was nowhere to be seen. It was like he didn't want to be seen.

Was he really pushed down the stairs? Wouldn't there be rumors about it?

"Universe, just give me an answer." Y/n muttered, pulling her head back on the chair as a deep sigh escaped her lips. Her eyes had bags under them due to the lack of sleep. These past days, only 5 hours of sleep was all she could get.

Everything was worrying her and she hated that. She hated how she was in a difficult position. Out of all people, who could've expected that the drama only increased when she stayed longer in Hogwarts.

How did this all start?

Y/n's eyes closed momentarily before the sound of a thud next to her jolted her eyes open.

She looked to the right and saw a big book placed on the ground.

'Tricks to become a master of magic', it read. It was one of the books Y/n picked out when she was in Professor's Mcgonagall's class in 1st year. She never did manage to finish the pages.

"Oh, sorry about that." A slightly accent voice interrupted the train of thought, making Y/n slightly flinch due to the unexpected voice.

Lifting her head, she saw a red-headed timid boy with freckles spreading across his face. In his hands were piles of books colliding each other. His focus seems to be balancing them on each of his hand.

"No need to be sorry, Ron."

Perking up at the familiar voice, he turned to see the familiar h/c girl that he so once dreaded to see. Ron thought he did a good job of hiding his presence around her, yet even he knew that it wouldn't last forever.

But why he would try and hide from a innocent Hufflepuff who did nothing but stress about everything?

It wasn't like she did anything wrong, never that. In fact, it was his fault. His fault for feeling abnormal around her. It was so foreign that even his own feelings can't be described nothing else but unnatural.

Y/n suddenly bent down and picked up the book that was laying innocently next to her.

"Good luck on reading this book. It's absolute dogshit." Her words flew naturally out of her lips, lazily placing the book on top of the table. She leaned back on her chair and gave Ron a cheeky smile.

The red-haired internally flinched at the sudden profanity, not expecting vulgar language from her. Usually, the characteristics of a Hufflepuff were supposed to be much more sensitive than the other houses.

But maybe house logic was wrong all along?

Ron let out a nervous laugh, red tinted on both cheeks. He was embarrassed for not having the courage to utter a single sentence to her other than sorry.

He was described as a talkative person, yet he couldn't seem to strike up a conversation with her. It was like everything he wanted to say appeared embarrassing to talk about, making his mind go blank.

"Um, thanks for the advice. Are you picking out a book also?" He questioned, relaxing his arms a bit.

Y/n shook her head.

"No. Not really. I'm just in my thoughts.." She trailed off before turning her body to fully face him.

"Say, I do have a question though."

Ron perked up, his arms beginning to tighten around his books before he nodded for her to continue.

".. How's Hermione? I haven't heard from her for a while, and.. I kind of want to know if she's alright." Y/n spoke in a low voice, looking away from Ron's eyes as a light blush formed within her skin.

She was getting red at the mention of his best friend which made him tense up.

Is this some kind of sad romantic novel that Hermione was reading about? Those cheesy things that he would always roll his eyes at the mention of it?

".. I don't know. She's been really distant." He managed to say, sighing.

"But I wouldn't get my hopes up on trying to talk to her. I think she'll shut everyone down if someone utters your name to her." Though it was only meant to become an light joke, Y/n widened her eyes.

"Is it that bad? I cant talk to her?" She questioned, staring up at the boy with pure confusion.

In this scenario, Ron would have two choices. One, either tell her the actual truth. Hermione was actually waiting for Y/n to talk to her first. It was for reassurance that Y/n doesn't hate her. Of course, Ron knew that Hermione could never hate Y/n. No matter how much she is hurt, physically or mentally by her, she would always stay by her side.

Ron even thought she liked the idea of Y/n degrading her.

The second choice he had was to play along. Play around with her feelings. He wondered how she would react if he told a little lie.

".. Hermione.." He paused, before looking to meet Y/n's gaze.

"Hermione hates you Y/n. She loathes you, in fact she can't even stand the second you even walk past her. Ever since the day you embarrassed her, all she ever wanted to do was get revenge on you for how naive you are." Ron placed his hand at the edge of his table, slightly lowering his head to meet the h/c's level.

"Talking to her is like talking to death itself. Would you want yourself in that situation?"

By the end of his rant, Y/n had to force her heart to have a steady beat. The pounding of her heart was the only sound she could hear as everything went silent.

The two stared at each other for what felt like eternity as Y/n slowly came to process his harsh words.

She didn't expect Ron to lash out like he did, ranting about how Hermione now loathes her presence and existence. She expected Hermione to get mad, but not extremely mad. It wasn't even her fault to begin with!

"..."

For a while, Y/n couldn't form her words to say. How could she react to that statement?

Ron, who seemed to get out of his thoughts quickly snapped to his original position with his hands holding his books.

"Oh, shit— sorry. That might've sounded to harsh and improper.. actually it was. Forget it. Sorry, i haven't been feeling-"

Ron was quickly interrupted by Y/n, whom stood up from her seat.

"No, Ron. Don't apologize. In fact, thank you. Even if the words were somewhat not what I expected, it really did help me understand how Hermione is feeling. And.." she paused before meeting his eyes.

".. and helped me understand that Hermione is someone who I don't want to associate with. Anymore."

With the words leaving Y/n's mouth like a flow of water, Ron felt his heart flutter.

"Thank you again, Ron. I'll see you around."

Leaving the boy standing there, Ron could only stare off to the distance where her presence once was.

Yes, thank you me.

—-

🫶 I'm back