--ours only

Dear Diary,

In the end, there is only one person that is going to be chok|

In the end, there is only one person that is going to be cho|

In the end, there is only one person that is going to be chosen|

In the end, there is only one person that is going to be chosen. But who is chosen will suffer the most than who were not.|

—-

Y/n couldn't believe she almost tripped on the last step of the stairs as her form stumbled forward. She managed to catch herself at the last second as a breath of relief escaped her lips. She was glad that she didn't fall on someones back.

It was the next day. The day after Ron and her chatted about a certain someone. Even through her first night of getting a full seven hours of sleep, the conversation never did go away in her dreams.

She knew the events that happened a while ago was something that Y/n wanted to avoid, but she didn't expect that Hermione would have such hatred for her own doing.

"Ever since the day you embarrassed her, all she ever wanted to do was get revenge on you for how naive you are."

Recalling the events, Y/n grit her teeth. Her pace quickened while walking in the hallway.

Embarrassed her? That can't be right.

Y/n closed her eyes.

She's the one that embarrassed me.

Every single day she had hoped for Hermione to come out of her shell and have a real conversation with her for her actions. How could someone she only just met a few months ago in a train say such possessive things to her?

Another thing she needs to worry about was added to her list of troubles, yet she wondered how things got so out of control. When did it all start?

Y/n was about to open her eyes before she felt a sudden force stopping her movement.

An arm to be specific.

Her head snapped up as her eyes landed on the white wall in front of her.

"You're clumsier than I thought, Y/n." A voice teased, making the dazed girl turn her head.

She was caught off guard by the height of the person whom made her tilt her head to capture their features.

Immediately, she felt embarrassed.

"Cedric.. where did you come from?"

The young Hufflepuff boy retracted his arm, using his hand to scratch his head nervously.

"I was about to go to the library to collect one of the study books for my test in Herbology. It just happened that I witness you walking towards a wall."

Y/n quickly shook her head.

"My intention wasn't to walk towards a wall. I was just.."

Y/n paused, releasing a heavy sigh.

"..Stressed out about something. But, thanks for saving me from embarrassment."

There was a moment of silence where neither of them spoke. Y/n couldn't manage into making eye-contact with Cedric, only looking at the taunting white wall.

Cedric too, didn't have the courage to speak first. In fact, it was the first time he felt something blooming inside his system. No, it wasn't his organs failing him. It was a feeling. Cedric felt nervous. Nervous. That word was so foreign to him that he sometimes forget the meaning of it.