--rivals

Dear Diary,

Do I have to explain the situation I'm in right now?|

—-

Y/n's hand was shaking while she was writing down the notes for her last class. If she was being honest, she was getting more paranoid than ever.

Who wouldn't after you just got seduced by a guy? A guy that you despised?

She could barely keep up with the teachers instructions about a certain wand trick, and it was killing her as seconds turned into minutes. Her foot was tapping anxiously on the floor, waiting for this class to be over so she can jump in her bed.

Fuck, I should probably talk to B/n after this.

As much as she didn't want to admit it, she hasn't really made an effort on talking to B/n that often when she had started to talk to him. It wasn't like she was avoiding him. Never that.

He was always surrounded by his new Slytherin friends who seemed to always hog him every second she saw him walk pass the halls.

As long as he doesn't talk to Draco, I think I'm good.

"Y/n!" A voice called out, startling Y/n who seemed to get out of her daydream.

Her head turned to her left and saw that it was Harry. He was in his quidditch uniform and had a bag swung over his shoulder.

His glasses was quite crooked and Y/n could tell that he just came back from practice.

"Oh, hey Harry. Finished quidditch practice already?" Y/n smiled as she stood up from her seat. She hasn't noticed that her class was already over, which was embarrassing that she was one of the students still left behind.

Harry scratched the back of his head once he reached Y/n, suddenly feeling nervous.

"Uh, well not exactly. But I have something to ask you before I go." He said with a small smile.

Harry knew.

Harry knew about the effect she had on everyone he knew at Hogwarts. He could see the way they look at her. It was so full of obsession. Harry wasn't even sure if it was compatible to an innocent crush.

He knew he wasn't as delusional, she had some sort of effect that caused them to grow weak whenever they had an encounter with her.

He first noticed it with Hermione. The look in her eyes was something that changed her whole personality, and even mental state.

The fear in Y/n's eyes would only accelerate if the others turned out to be even crazier than her. He was sure she wouldn't even dare to talk to them anymore if she knew.

But he was different.

He knew that she had no effect on him whatsoever, not even to the point where he has to get on his knees and beg her to love him.

Y/n wouldn't run away from him if he was different from the rest, right? It was his own twisted mind that chanted he was different every second he thought of her.

Harry was sure he could get her wrapped around his finger. That way, he would have control. She would be obsessed with him.

After all, did she really have a choice?

Y/n perked up at this. She looked up and stared at his green eyes she always seems to fantasize in her day dreams.

Green eyes are surely my weakness.

"Go ahead."

Harry, on the other hand felt his heart beating a little faster than normal. The only time he felt this way was when he and Ron first took a flying car to school.

Fuck, just say it. He thought, suddenly avoiding her eyes.

"I, well, erm.. was thinking about Hogs-"

"Y/n!" Another voice called, interrupting the little session both had for a split second.

Both heads turned to see a certain Slytherin jumping over a table before walking towards the pair.

Draco Malfoy.

His hands were in his pocket as he seemed to take pride from the way he was walking.

His head swiftly turned to meet Harry's gaze and just like that, the tension had rise to a degree.

It seemed like they're were having a stare off. A never ending stare off with the gazes only the two seemed to burn their souls.

Harry suddenly lost his friendly facade, now his eyes lidded as his mouth suddenly frowning. His hand now gripped the strap of his bag.

"What're you doing, Draco?"

Draco seemed to copy his posture, now smirking at the boy.

"Don't you have practice, Harry?" He mocked, using his first name for once. Honestly Y/n got so used to hearing Draco say Potter all the time that it almost sounded like a curse word when he used his real name.

But, that wasn't what dear Y/n was worrying about. Instead, she was in the middle of the two which made it even harder for her to keep composure. Both of them easily towered over her, making it worse.

"U-um-"

Y/n started, trying to ease the tension so she can get out of there.

Draco suddenly stopped her with swinging his arm over her shoulder, sending a tight smile towards Harry as if he was just full on making fun of him.

"You wouldn't mind going to Hogsmeade with me, won't you Y/n?" He questioned, slightly lowering his head so he could make eye-contact.

Y/n, who now seemed confused on why he wanted to go with her sent him a look.

"Is this one of your pranks?"

Draco gave a fake offended look.

"I'm not that mean."

"Don't lie, Malfoy." Harry scoffed, gripping his arm that was around Y/n and prying it off.

"Did you forget that one time you pushed Y/n's brother off of the stairs when you got mad at him?" He questioned, holding in a smile.

Draco widened his eyes at his statement, looking at him with a look that one can describe as denial.

"I mean, everyone did see that he went to his dorm with a broken arm.."

Y/n gasped at the information that spilled out of Harry's mouth, now starting to shiver in disbelief.

B/n? Malfoy?

She turned to Draco, feeling her heart heavy when she looked at him.

"This is true, isn't it?"

"True?! He's just trying to manipulate you, can't you see?"

"Then why don't she asked B/n, hm?" Harry interfered, leaning his back against the table.

It was dead silent between the three.

Y/n knew one of them was telling the truth. But she already had an idea who to believe.

"Fine, tell him Y/n. See what he says. I know I'm right, but of course you think Harry's a goody-two shoes." Draco dramatically said as he covered his face with his hand. But what he hid from Y/n was an insane and desperate smile. He was losing it, Harry knew.

And Harry couldn't help but smile.

—-

finally 🤐