--slytherin

Dear Diary,

I'm going to kill myse|

|

Positivity is the best policy.

—-

The moon held its bright light towards the building of Hogwarts, making the dark night sky look magnificent. Well, at least to Y/n it did.

Right now, the clock was shown to be 8:49 pm. Everybody was suppose to be asleep, or getting ready to go to bed. But Y/n didn't change to her pajamas. Her Hogwarts robe was still handing loose on her body, her eyes intently looking at the book in her hands.

Her homework was laid in front of her, but it remained untouched since her focus was on something else.

These books are repetitive, there just saying straight up insulting slytherins. Y/n thought, closing her book roughly before momentarily closing her eyes.

She knew this is going to be one of those nights.

"May I ask what are you doing up so late?" A voice asked, startling the poor girl to death. She flinched so hard that the book came flying out of her hands.

Her head turned to a figure that was standing in the shadows, squinting her eyes to see more carefully.

Is that.. batman?

The mysterious walled over to Y/n, making the figure Cedric Diggory. Not Batman.

His hair was messier than his usual combed hair, making some lengths of hair to cover his eyes. He held a genuine smile as he came to sit in front of you.

Y/n couldn't help but stifle a small smile at the sight of the Hufflepuff.

"Just reading a book. Now, what are you doing here Diggory?" Her finger pointed at the male, who tilted his head slightly.

"I had a feeling you were in here. Reading a book about Slytherins wouldn't do any good. Besides," He motioned his head towards the pile of DADA homework.

"You have something else to keep in track."

Y/n, who remained quite picked up the book from the ground.

"I told you about my the relations between my family and Slytherins, didn't I?"

Cedric nodded.

"Well, than you would know that this is necessary for my brother-"

"-It's not a big deal to be honest." He interrupted, leaning back into the cushion of the couch.

Y/n raised an eyebrow; "Yeah, to you it's not a big deal. But my brother-"

"Reading books won't save your brother from your parents. You don't need to know that much information about slytherins." He explained, before continuing.

"Besides, those books are outdated. Useless in this case."

Cedrics words almost made Y/n loose hope into finding her brother's freedom from their parents. All she ever wanted was her parents to see them as equal, not by the stupid houses.

"If you didn't get Hufflepuff, this would be the last time you stay at this house." The women's voice held an aggressive tone, threatening the young girl in front of her.

The girls head was hung low in a bowing motion, eyes only seeing the ground beneath them. Listening to the harsh words of her mother seemed like hell.

Two hands were than placed on her shoulders, making the young girl flinch.

Hesitantly, she looked up. The scowl on her mother was replaced with a genuine smile. The most beautiful smile she had ever seen.

"But, you are blessed. Blessed by the L/n family. You get no punishing." Pulling in the girl for a hug, she felt her mother's arms around her small frame.

Her mother never hugged her before. Nor even touch her. This was the first she had felt her mothers touch. Stories beyond the world always mentions a mother's love for her child.

Tears fell down her cheek, rolling down towards her neck. It wouldn't stop until she started to shake.

Was this a dream?

Y/n's eyelids closed, taking in a sigh. No matter how much she wanted to prove herself right, she knew she wasn't.

"You're right. Which is why Tom-" Y/n opened her eyes, slowly widening at what she had said. Her words hitched harshly.

"Tom?"

Cedric's eyes met her's, and Y/n almost fainted due to the tension he held in his eyes.

How could she be so stupid to let an curse name slip out of her mouth? She would've know to be more secure about secrets since of her past.

A breath of relief soon escaped her mouth.

She knew there was no way Cedric could find out. Despite saying the name, anybody in this school could be named Tom.

"Yes, somebody whose in the Slytherin house." Y/n explained briefly, before throwing her book to the side of her.

"Any-"

"He's in the Slytherin house? Are you talking to that weirdo Tom Nel Parker?" The Hufflepuff interrupted, pointing his slender finger towards Y/n.

Who the fuck is Tom Parker? Y/n thought.

"Oh.. him!" Y/n said, fake enthusiasm dripping on her words. A forced chuckle erupted from her vocals.

"Yes.. that's the guy. He's really helpful."

Cedric looked at the girl in front of him, eyes narrowing. If it was possible, the light brown eyes that once held light began to dull.

He wasn't stupid. Everybody around the school always knew him as the pretty huffle-puff. He was tired of it.

He was tired of her lying.

"I see." He said, before replacing into a bright smile. Y/n looked up at him and she could've sworn she saw light around him. Almost like he's an angel.

"Well than, I hope Tom helps you.." he said, before standing up.

"..But be careful around him. I heard he's a pervert to girls."

Y/n seized her eyes at the student statement, tilting her head. Pervert?..

"Oh.."

It doesn't matter, I don't even know him-

"I'll find out this Tom you are actually speaking to, Y/N L/N." A deep whisper echoed her ears.

Y/n's breath hitched as shivers went down her spine at the sudden close-contact. Slowly, she side-eyed the Hufflepuff who leaned his head towards her's.

Meeting his hazel-like eyes, he smiled before standing up. Y/n could only shiver when he walked away from her, towards his dorm.

What the hell.

—-