--riddle

Dear Diary,

How many people am I going to meet?|

—-

After the weird encounter, y/n decided it was time to stop socializing. It was time to discover more events about Hogwarts.

More specifically, about the Slytherin society and why they were so hated. She knew how her parents despise people in that house. She knew how her parents spoke badly about them, doing mischief things.

But if she truly wanted to understand her parents, she needed to do research.

Her hands skidded through the various books on the shelf. She was at the very end of the library, where nobody usually went. Perhaps it was because they only read for their studies, not for their desires.

However, y/n was a curious one.

Numerous of books were scattered on the desk, all about the houses and uses of them. She only saw a little that talked about Slytherin.

However, they only talked about the history of how people were chosen to be Slytherin. Not how they were hated.

On a verge of giving up, she banged her head on the wooden table. She didn't realize how hard she hit it before a jolt of pain rushed up her forehead, causing her to lift her head up and hold it with agony.

"Shit, that hurts.." she muttered.

However, from the pile of books, one book slid over and fell to the ground. A thud following through it.

Startled as she was, she looked over to see what fell over. A black, plain book laid upon.

Tom Marvalo Riddle, the big letters read.

The name seemed fairly familiar like it was an ancestor. But nevertheless of the familiarity, the names gave her chills. It was like the name was cursed in some sort of way.

Leaning down slowly to the book, her hand skidded softly through the fabric.

Cold. Like nobody has ever touched it in a million years.

Sitting back on her chair, she opened the book. Hoping it would find answers to the Slytherin's heritage.

But to her utter surprise, the book was filled with nothing. Absolutely empty, no words, contents or even page numbers are filled in the book.

It was like a diary.

Picking up a quill next to her, she began writing her first words; Dear Diary,

However, before she could write another word inside the book, the words disappeared.

Y/n's eyebrows twitched in confusion.

The hell?

She scribbled her quill on the paper, seeing if what she saw was really true.